Von: "Aleksandar Lazic" <al-hapr...@none.at>
An: "Adam Sherwood" <theh...@gmail.com>; haproxy@formilux.org
Gesendet: 11.01.2018 12:24:46
Betreff: Re: How to parse custom PROXY protocol v2 header for custom routing in HAProxy configuration?

Hi.

------ Originalnachricht ------
Von: "Adam Sherwood" <theh...@gmail.com>
An: haproxy@formilux.org
Gesendet: 10.01.2018 23:40:25

I have written this up as a StackOverflow question here: https://stackoverflow.com/q/48195311/2081835.

When adding PROXY v2 with AWS VPC PrivateLink connected to a Network Load Balancer, the endpoint ID of the connecting account is added as a TLV. I need to use this for routing frontend to backend, but I cannot sort out how.

Is there a way to call a custom matcher that could do the parsing logic, or is this already built-in and I'm just not finding the documentation?

Any ideas on the topic would be super helpful. Thank you.
Looks like AWS use the "2.2.7. Reserved type ranges" as described in https://www.haproxy.org/download/1.8/doc/proxy-protocol.txt therefore you will need to parse this part by your own.

This could be possible in lua, maybe I'm not an expert in lua, yet ;-)

There are javexamples in the doc link ( https://docs.aws.amazon.com/elasticloadbalancing/latest/network/load-balancer-target-groups.html#proxy-protocol ) which you have added int the stackoverflow request.

Regards
Aleks