Hi Bertrand,

On Tue, Feb 06, 2018 at 03:42:23AM +0000, Bertrand Jacquin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am not sure if the following configuration should be working, but it
> looks like it does while the documentation does not specify if I could
> be using it. Having a quick look at the source, it does not seem
> obvious either. Anyway, I'm just curious to know if the following should
> be working:
>
>   backend bk_ipv6
>     mode http
>     server upc fe80::5a23:8cff:fe9f:fa9c:80 source * interface wlan0
>
> I used 'source *' here since I was not able to specify an IPv6
> link-local address to us.

I think it didn't work a long time ago (and wasn't planned for working),
but as code refactoring went through the years, the reuse of certain
central parsers for various addresses might have made it suddenly work.

In my opinion it's the same as specifying an empty address with no
ports, possibly like "source :". With "source :::" I think you could
force the source to be IPv6.

Cheers,