On 2/19/2018 10:08 AM, TomK wrote:
> Wondering if there is a way to setup an HA NFSv4 server using HAPROXY
> and keepalived or if anyone tried that doesn't result in the client
> disconnecting with this error even when using the VIP through a basic
> HAPROXY + keepalived config:
> [root@ipaclient01 ~]# cd /n
> -bash: cd: /n: Stale file handle

> defaults
>     mode                    http

> frontend  main *:80
>     acl url_static       path_beg       -i /static /images /javascript
> /stylesheets
>     acl url_static       path_end       -i .jpg .gif .png .css .js
>     default_backend             app

> backend app
>     balance     roundrobin
>     server nfs01.nix.dom.loc check
>     server nfs02.nix.dom.loc check

Your haproxy is in http mode, and both the front end and back end are
using port 80.

NFS is very different than HTTP, so unless you have other software that
encapsulates NFS in HTTP, I doubt that config will actually work.

I found the following blog post about doing highly available NFS with
haproxy.  I think the page is in Hungarian, but the haproxy config is
readable.  Try Google Translate if you really want to read the post and
don't understand that language.  I can't read the original page, but
Google's english translation looked pretty good.