On Wed, 7 Mar 2018 at 09:50, Nikhil Kapoor <nikhi...@india.nec.com> wrote

> As currently, no parsing error is displayed when larger value is given to
> "inter" parameter in config file.
>
> After applying this patch the maximum value of “inter” is set to 24h (i.e.
> 86400000 ms).

I regret to inform you, with no little embarrassment, that some years ago I
designed a system which relied upon this parameter being set higher than 24
hours.

I was not proud of this system, and it served absolutely minimal quantities
of traffic ... but it was a valid setup.

What's the rationale for having *any* maximum value here - saving folks
from unintentional misconfigurations, or something else?

Jonathan Matthews
London, UK
http://www.jpluscplusm.com/contact.html