On Wed, Mar 21, 2018 at 08:20:44AM +0000, Gisle Grimen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the information. That was sad to hear. In our case the traffic is
> coming from servers and not a web browser so solving this with cookies are
> not an option. The communication between the servers are based on
> international standards as such we cannot add additional requirements to the
> server sending the requests. As such we have to solve it within our
> infrastructure. With a little help from HA-proxy you could then create very
> efficient local caches on each node, but without we need complicated and
> resource intensive shared caches or databases.
>
> I hope this would be a feature that is possible to add in the future as it
> would help to develop simpler and more efficient applications behind
> HA-Proxy, which in large part can rely in local caches.

The problem I'm having is that you don't describe exactly what you're
trying to achieve nor how you want to use that information about the
broken stickiness, so it's very hard for me to try to figure a working
solution. I proposed one involving sending the initial server ID in a
header for example but I have no idea whether this can work in your case.

So could you please enlighten us on your architecture, the problem that
broken stickiness causes and how you'd like it to be addressed ?

Thanks,