Nikhil,

Am 26.03.2018 um 08:07 schrieb Nikhil Kapoor:
Above output shows that maxconn value is "4294967295" which is taken randomly.

This is not random. What you are seeing is unsigned integer wrap around. It's 4294967296 (2^32) added to your negative argument.

Is this a bug? If not then why haproxy behaves abnormally for these values?
Can we enhance the check for which will prompt user from not having a negative value of
"maxconn" as done for others(such as "inter")?

While I was preparing a patch for this I noticed that variables called `maxconn` are sometimes unsigned and sometimes signed.

Willy, global.maxconn is signed, while proxy.maxconn is unsigned. Is this intentional?

Best regards
Tim Düsterhus