Hi Ben,

On Thu, Apr 12, 2018 at 02:25:58PM -0600, Ben Draut wrote:
> This changes the parser to run section postparsers once per section
> instance, rather than only when the section type changes.
>
> This is motivated by the work discussed in
> https://www.mail-archive.com/haproxy@formilux.org/msg29527.html. It should
> make it easy to produce the warning mentioned in the summary at most once
> per section.

Hmmm I don't much like this principle, because it's not a post-section
parser anymore in this case, it's a post config parser. Note that it is
very possible that you need a different type of post-processing to help
with the resolvers stuff, but I really think this approach is mistaken
because it removes the ability to perform post-section processing. From
what I'm seeing by quickly grepping in the code, at least the cache
relies on this.

I *think* we do have a way to register a post-config call, but to be
honest I really don't remember, as we've added a few such hooks over
time. Maybe you'd need to call this thing before entering
check_config_validity() which resolves every cross-dependency between
the config elements and which detect inconsistencies. We may imagine
having a pre_final_check and a post_final_check callback for this maybe.

Just a few ideas.

Thanks!