On 06/09/2018 09:16 AM, Baptiste wrote:
Hi Fred,

Hi Baptiste,

Amazing work. Looking forward to write some of those :)

Yes for now on, *if possible*, it would be great to write a test file for each bug to come.
.
According to you, would it be compicated to automate tests on the DNS resolvers, the stats socket, etc...

About the CLI, as varnishtest is able to start a shell and as each haproxy processus starts a CLI (listening on /tmp/vtc.<varnishtest PID>.xxxxxxxx/<haproxy instance name>/stats.sock UNIX socket) it should be easy to write such tests.

ex:

shell {
echo "show servers state" | socat - ${tmpdir}/h1/stats.sock | grep -v ^#
}

with such a filtered output:

**   top   0.0 === shell {
**** top   0.0 shell_cmd|exec 2>&1 ;
**** top 0.0 shell_cmd|\techo "show servers state" | socat - /tmp/vtc.25976.1d3b8c2c/h1/stats.sock | grep -v ^#
**** top   0.0 shell_out|1
**** top 0.0 shell_out|2 my_https 1 cas1 1.2.3.4 2 0 1 1 0 1 0 2 7 0 0 0 - 443 **** top 0.0 shell_out|2 my_https 2 cas2 4.3.2.1 2 0 1 1 0 1 0 2 6 0 0 0 - 443
**** top   0.0 shell_out|
**** top   0.0 shell_status = 0x0000

About DNS, I do not know what you exactly want to do? Obviously, at this time, varnishtest does not implement DNS protocol to speak to DNS servers.

I mean, anything which is not really HTTP?

Baptiste