From: Michael Ezzell <mich...@ezzell.net>
Sent: Thursday, August 2, 2018 2:38:06 AM
To: Lucas Rolff
Subject: Re: Using haproxy together with NFS

On Wed, Aug 1, 2018, 16:00 Lucas Rolff
<lu...@lucasrolff.com<mailto:lu...@lucasrolff.com>> wrote:

I use the “send-proxy” to let the NFS Server see the actual source IP, instead
of the haproxy machine IP.
You'll probably need remove that.  Unless the destination service explicitly
supports the Proxy Protocol (in which case, it must not, by definition, process
connections where the protocol's preamble is *absent* from the stream), then
this would just look like corrupt data.  This option doesn't actually change
the source address.

HAProxy in TCP mode should work fine with NFS -- at least, it does with NFS4.1
as implemented in Amazon Elastic File System -- which is the only version I've
tested against.

https://serverfault.com/a/799213/153161