Hi,

HAProxy 1.9-dev1 was released on 2018/08/02. It added 651 new commits
after version 1.9-dev0.

Yes I know what some of you are thinking "what, 651 patches for a first
development release ?". Last year, 1.8-dev1 was emitted with half that
in April, 4 months earlier. But by then we only pushed fixes and some
new features to flush the pipe, and that 1.8-dev2 and -dev3 that
followed had even more patches once cumulated.

Here after 1.8, we've got a longer trail of difficult bugs to deal with
and the 1.9 changes were very low level stuff that doesn't bring any
functional value, these were mostly some rearchitectures of certain
sensitive parts, aimed at building the new features on top of them. So
we could have emitted useless and broken versions, but... I don't like
to discourage our users.

Thus 8 months after 1.9-dev0 was created, here comes the first version
really worth testing. Those looking for eye-candy stuff will be a bit
disappointed, I prefer to warn. Among the ~300 patches that were not
backported to 1.8.x (hence that were not bug fixes), I can see :

  - a rework of our task scheduler. Now it scales much better with large
    thread counts. There are 3 levels now, one priority-aware shared
    between all threads, a lockless priority-aware one per thread, and a
    per-thread list of already started tasks that can be used as well
    for I/O. It results in most of the scheduling work being performed
    without any lock, which scales way better. Another nice benefit of
    lock removal is that when haproxy has to coexist with another
    process on the same CPU, the impact on other threads is much lower
    since the threads are very rarely context-switched with a lock held.

  - the applets scheduler was killed and replaced by the new scheduler
    above. Not only the previous applets scheduler could use quite some
    CPU, it didn't make use of priorities, so many applets could use a
    lot of CPU bandwidth. I noticed this already with the first attempt
    at implementing H2 using applets. Now the task's nice value being
    respected, the CLI is much more responsive even under very high
    loads, and the stats page can be tuned to have less impact on the
    traffic. Same for peers and SPOE which we'll see if they can benefit
    from either a boost or a reduced priority.

  - a new test suite was introduced, based on "varnish-test" from the
    Varnish cache. It was extended to support haproxy and we can now
    write test cases, which are placed into the reg-tests directory. It
    is very convenient because testing a proxy is a particularly complex
    task which depends on a lot of elements and varnish-test makes it
    easier to write reproducible test patterns.

  - the buffers were completely changed (again). Buffers are redesigned
    every 5 years it seems. I probably find it funny. No I don't in
    fact. With the introduction of the mux layer, we suffered a bit from
    the old design mixing input and output areas in the same buffer, as
    it didn't make any sense there and we had to arbitrarily use either
    side depending on the data direction, making it impossible to share
    code between the two sides. Now the buffers are much simpler and the
    code using them at the various layers was significantly simplified.
    It will even open the way to an easier evolution towards dynamic
    size buffers in the near future. We found some benefits such as
    certain operations being doable in zero copy now, which was not
    possible previously. This has affected a huge amount of areas in the
    code and will make it a bit more painful to backport fixes to 1.8,
    but it's not possible to keep a dead code base and expect it to
    evolve at the same time!

  - the chunks were replaced by the buffers. The API was not changed yet
    to avoid adding jokes to the current complexity, but this will be
    done on an opportunistic basis. This already allowed us to remove
    some code that already existed in buffers.

  - the file descriptor cache is now fully lockless. This is the second
    part of the important performance-oriented changes that happened. I
    remember observing a 40% performance gain on the connection rate on
    a 12-core machine compared to 1.8 just with this change. It was quite
    tricky and we didn't feel confident emitting a development release
    immediately after to be honest!

  - the CLI now supports a payload. This will be used to feed some data
    (maps, certs, anything) from external scripts. For now this payload
    is limited to a whole buffer, but it will be possible to extend this
    in the future.

  - the internal connection and mux API have started to evolve so that
    we can more easily place some protocol processing at the mux layer.
    These changes have just begun and we need to make them step by step
    because they have huge implications on the rest of the work being
    done in parallel. At the moment we have introduced an rx buffer for
    the connstream structure, which greatly simplifies the processing of
    incoming H2 frames, so much that initially I was not sure I could
    fix the chunk processing in 1.8 where it's not available. In this
    current version, one extra copy to the rxbuf often happens (e.g.
    during uploads), so some may observe a slightly lower performance at
    the moment. We're still working on it.

  - the queue processing was modified so that we don't need to operate
    via the synchronization point. This has resulted in a significant
    performance gain for small server maxconn values on threaded
    configs, +50% at 8 threads on a test config.

  - the connection balancing on SPOE was significantly improved, using a
    mechanism more or less equivalent to the leastconn algorithm,
    ensuring that we don't overuse certain connections and leave others
    idle for too long. This has reduced the high percentiles of SPOA
    response time by a large margin.

  - ah, one user-visible change, we now support "random" as a new load
    balancing algorithm. Some people prefer it over round-robin. It was
    trivial to add, probably one hour code+test+doc included, so there
    was no excuse for not doing it :-)

  - some new fields are supported on the proxy-protocol v2, though I
    don't remember exactly which ones.

  - the "resolvers" section can now be fed directly from resolv.conf
    using the "parse-resolv-conf" directive. The DNS code also supports
    new options to enable/disable address deduplication within a farm.

  - we also have the usual box of converters / fetchers like "length",
    "concat", "strcmp", "crc32c" and I don't know what else.

As usual, I must have forgotten a lot of stuff, so if you contributed
something that is not listed above, don't feel offended, it's not that I
find it useless, it simply is that I didn't catch it in the middle of
the 651 lines of the changelog (in this case feel free to mention it in
response to this message if you want others to try it).

There's still a lot of stuff pending. One could think that we've merged
the hardest but I don't think so. The ongoing changes to the connection
layer are still a daily discussion subject between some of us, and a
real pain point. And to add a bit of spice, we have to be careful not to
change everything all the time because the most complex part still
coming is highly impacted by each and every change in this area. This
part is the native HTTP transformation, which will be needed for H2 to
work on the backend side. Now it should be easier to modify the checks
code to perform dynamic buffer allocation and save ~32kB of RAM per
server. I'll see if I can work on this at the end, but I'll be glad if
someone beats meto it. I know that there are also some changes to come
on the master-worker area, and still some optmizations under review.
Some patches have been reviewed already in order to support updating and
some limitations in the current certificate representation model which
would partially alienate the benefits of this change, so we have
identified a list of updates to be performed on the cert layer first
before being able to definitely merge this patch. At this point it's
unsure whether this will be doable before 1.9 or not (it was not in the
initial roadmap though).

The most complex changes, by far are the HTTP changes for the native
representation (called "HTX" internally). So some of us are less
responsive than usual because this requires a lot of undisturbed focus
and I'd say that we spot a complex showstopper almost every week that
needs to be addressed by breaking lots of stuff underneath.

Overall if we continue on this trend, 1.9 will be very clean from an
architecture perspective. Sometimes we'd like to stop the refactoring
work but it's really hard to find workarounds to certain decades-old
limitations.

Obviously just like with every -dev1, only put it in production if you
want to seek a new job. "It works for me" is the most accurate
description I could provide. I'll probably place it on haproxy.org
sooner or later to see, and to eat my own dog food. Your feedback on
issues will be much valuable, but as I mentioned, it's highly likely
that the best short-term response will be "sorry, please revert for
now", and that we'll just take note of the issue, trying to work on
it a bit later. So no rush needed on the tests. The final release is
still expected in about 3 months.

Please find the usual URLs below :
   Site index       : http://www.haproxy.org/
   Discourse        : http://discourse.haproxy.org/
   Sources          : http://www.haproxy.org/download/1.9/src/
   Git repository   : http://git.haproxy.org/git/haproxy.git/
   Git Web browsing : http://git.haproxy.org/?p=haproxy.git
   Changelog        : http://www.haproxy.org/download/1.9/src/CHANGELOG
   Cyril's HTML doc : http://cbonte.github.io/haproxy-dconv/

Willy
---
Complete changelog :
Aleksandar Lazic (1):
      CONTRIB: halog: Add help text for -s switch in halog program

Aurélien Nephtali (1):
      BUG/MINOR: init: Add missing brackets in the code parsing -sf/-st

Aurélien Nephtali (12):
      BUG/MINOR: cli: Fix a crash when passing a negative or too large value to
"show fd"
      CLEANUP: ssl: Remove a duplicated #include
      CLEANUP: cli: Remove a leftover debug message
      BUG/MINOR: cli: Fix a typo in the 'set rate-limit' usage
      BUG/MINOR: cli: Ensure all command outputs end with a LF
      BUG/MINOR: cli: Fix a crash when sending a command with too many arguments
      BUG/MINOR: cli: Guard against NULL messages when using CLI_ST_PRINT_FREE
      MINOR: cli: Ensure the CLI always outputs an error when it should
      BUG/MINOR: pattern: Add a missing HA_SPIN_INIT() in pat_ref_newid()
      MEDIUM: cli: Add payload support
      MINOR: map: Add payload support to "add map"
      MINOR: ssl: Add payload support to "set ssl ocsp-response"

Baptiste Assmann (7):
      BUG/MINOR: dns: don't downgrade DNS accepted payload size automatically
      BUG/MEDIUM: tcp-check: single connect rule can't detect DOWN servers
      BUG/MINOR: tcp-check: use the server's service port as a fallback
      CLEANUP: dns: remove obsolete macro DNS_MAX_IP_REC
      CLEANUP: dns: inacurate comment about prefered IP score
      MINOR: dns: fix wrong score computation in dns_get_ip_from_response
      MINOR: dns: new DNS options to allow/prevent IP address duplication

Ben Draut (2):
      MINOR: config: Warn if resolvers has no nameservers
      MINOR: dns: Implement `parse-resolv-conf` directive

Bernard Spil (1):
      BUILD: ssl: Fix build with OpenSSL without NPN capability

Bertrand Jacquin (8):
      MINOR: netscaler: respect syntax
      MINOR: netscaler: remove the use of cip_magic only used once
      MINOR: netscaler: rename cip_len to clarify its uage
      BUG/MEDIUM: netscaler: use the appropriate IPv6 header size
      BUG/MAJOR: netscaler: address truncated CIP header detection
      MINOR: netscaler: check in one-shot if buffer is large enough for IP and
TCP header
      MEDIUM: netscaler: do not analyze original IP packet size
      MEDIUM: netscaler: add support for standard NetScaler CIP protocol

Chris Lane (1):
      MINOR: init: emit warning when -sf/-sd cannot parse argument

Christian Ruppert (1):
      BUILD: Fix LDFLAGS vs. LIBS re linking order in various makefiles

Christopher Faulet (74):
      BUG/MEDIUM: tcp-check: Don't lock the server in tcpcheck_main
      BUG/MAJOR: thread: Be sure to request a sync between threads only once at
a time
      BUG/MINOR: action: Don't check http capture rules when no id is defined
      BUG/MEDIUM: threads/vars: Fix deadlock in register_name
      BUG/MEDIUM: mworker: Set FD_CLOEXEC flag on log fd
      MINOR: spoe: add register-var-names directive in spoe-agent configuration
      MINOR: spoe: Don't queue a SPOE context if nothing is sent
      MINOR: threads/fd: Use a bitfield to know if there are FDs for a thread
in the FD cache
      BUG/MEDIUM: threads/polling: Use fd_cache_mask instead of fd_cache_num
      BUG/MEDIUM: threads/server: Fix deadlock in
srv_set_stopping/srv_set_admin_flag
      BUG/MEDIUM: checks: Don't try to release undefined conn_stream when a
check is freed
      BUG/MINOR: kqueue/threads: Don't forget to close kqueue_fd[tid] on each
thread
      MINOR: threads: Use __decl_hathreads instead of #ifdef/#endif
      BUILD: epoll/threads: Add test on MAX_THREADS to avoid warnings when
complied without threads
      BUILD: kqueue/threads: Add test on MAX_THREADS to avoid warnings when
complied without threads
      BUG/MINOR: threads: Update labels array because of changes in lock_label
enum
      BUG/MEDIUM: spoe: Always try to receive or send the frame to detect
shutdowns
      BUG/MEDIUM: spoe: Allow producer to read and to forward shutdown on
request side
      MINOR: spoe: Remove check on min_applets number when a SPOE context is
queued
      MINOR: spoe: Always link a SPOE context with the applet processing it
      MINOR: spoe: Replace sending_rate by a frequency counter
      MINOR: spoe: Count the number of frames waiting for an ack for each applet
      MEDIUM: spoe: Use an ebtree to manage idle applets
      MINOR: spoa_example: Count the number of frames processed by each worker
      MINOR: spoe: Add max-waiting-frames directive in spoe-agent configuration
      BUG/MINOR: ssl/threads: Make management of the TLS ticket keys files
thread-safe
      BUG/MEDIUM: ssl: Shutdown the connection for reading on SSL_ERROR_SYSCALL
      BUG/MEDIUM: http: Switch the HTTP response in tunnel mode as earlier as
possible
      BUG/MINOR: h2: Set the target of dbuf_wait to h2c
      BUG/MEDIUM: buffer: Fix the wrapping case in bo_putblk
      BUG/MEDIUM: buffer: Fix the wrapping case in bi_putblk
      BUG/MEDIUM: spoe: Remove idle applets from idle list when HAProxy is
stopping
      CLEANUP: .gitignore: Ignore binaries from the contrib directory
      BUG/MEDIUM: threads/unix: Fix a deadlock when a listener is temporarily
disabled
      BUG/MAJOR: threads/queue: Fix thread-safety issues on the queues
management
      BUG/MEDIUM: threads/queue: wake up other threads upon dequeue
      BUG/MINOR: listener: Don't decrease actconn twice when a new session is
rejected
      BUG/MINOR: email-alert: Set the mailer port during alert initialization
      BUG/MINOR: spoe: Initialize variables used during conf parsing before any
check
      BUG/MINOR: spoe: Don't release the context buffer in .check_timeouts
callbaclk
      BUG/MINOR: spoe: Register the variable to set when an error occurred
      BUG/MINOR: spoe: Don't forget to decrement fpa when a processing is
interrupted
      MINOR: spoe: Add metrics in to know time spent in the SPOE
      MINOR: spoe: Add options to store processing times in variables
      MINOR: log: move 'log' keyword parsing in dedicated function
      MINOR: log: Keep the ref when a log server is copied to avoid duplicate
entries
      MINOR: spoe: Add loggers dedicated to the SPOE agent
      MINOR: spoe: Add support for option dontlog-normal in the SPOE agent
section
      MINOR: spoe: use agent's logger to log SPOE messages
      MINOR: spoe: Add counters to log info about SPOE agents
      BUG/MEDIUM: threads: Fix the max/min calculation because of name clashes
      BUG/MINOR: http: Return an error in proxy mode when url2sa fails
      BUG/MINOR: spoe: Fix counters update when processing is interrupted
      BUG/MINOR: spoe: Fix parsing of dontlog-normal option
      BUG/MINOR: lua/threads: Make lua's tasks sticky to the current thread
      BUG/MINOR: checks: Fix check->health computation for flapping servers
      BUG/MEDIUM: threads: Fix the sync point for more than 32 threads
      CLEANUP: spoe: Remove unused variables the agent structure
      DOC: spoe: fix a typo
      BUG/MEDIUM: contrib/mod_defender: Use network order to encode/decode flags
      BUG/MEDIUM: contrib/modsecurity: Use network order to encode/decode flags
      BUG/MEDIUM: spoe: Return an error when the wrong ACK is received in sync
mode
      MAJOR: spoe: upgrade the SPOP version to 2.0 and remove the support for
1.0
      BUG/MINOR: contrib/spoa_example: Don't reset the status code during
disconnect
      BUG/MINOR: contrib/mod_defender: Don't reset the status code during
disconnect
      BUG/MINOR: contrib/modsecurity: Don't reset the status code during
disconnect
      BUG/MEDIUM: threads: Use the sync point to check active jobs and exit
      MINOR: threads: Be sure to remove threads from all_threads_mask on exit
      BUG/MINOR: http: Set brackets for the unlikely macro at the right place
      BUG/MINOR: build: Fix compilation with debug mode enabled
      MINOR: debug: Add check for CO_FL_WILL_UPDATE
      MINOR: debug: Add checks for conn_stream flags
      MINOR: ist: Add the function isteqi
      BUG/MEDIUM: threads: Fix the exit condition of the thread barrier

Cyril Bonté (6):
      DOC: cache: update sections and fix some typos
      BUG: MAJOR: lb_map: server map calculation broken
      BUG: MINOR: http: don't check http-request capture id when len is provided
      BUG/MEDIUM: fix a 100% cpu usage with cpu-map and nbthread/nbproc
      BUG/MINOR: force-persist and ignore-persist only apply to backends
      DOC: log: more than 2 log servers are allowed

Daniel Corbett (2):
      BUG/MEDIUM: servers: Add srv_addr default placeholder to the state file
      BUG/MEDIUM: stick-tables: Decrement ref_cnt in table_* converters

Dave Chiluk (1):
      MINOR: Some spelling cleanup in the comments.

David Carlier (9):
      BUILD/MINOR: deviceatlas: enable thread support
      BUILD/MINOR: haproxy : FreeBSD/cpu affinity needs pthread_np header
      BUILD/MINOR: Makefile : enabling USE_CPU_AFFINITY
      BUILD/MINOR: haproxy: compiling config cpu parsing handling when needed
      BUILD/MINOR: ancient gcc versions atomic fix
      BUILD/MINOR: memory: stdint is needed for uintptr_t
      DOC: contrib/modsecurity: few typo fixes
      MINOR: task: Fix a compiler warning by adding a cast.
      MINOR: task: Fix compiler warning.

Davor Ocelic (2):
      DOC/MINOR: intro: typo, wording, formatting fixes
      DOC/MINOR: configuration: typo, formatting fixes

Dragan Dosen (3):
      BUG/MINOR: map: correctly track reference to the last ref_elt being dumped
      BUG/MINOR: contrib/mod_defender: update pointer on the end of the frame
      BUG/MINOR: contrib/modsecurity: update pointer on the end of the frame

Emeric Brun (9):
      BUG/MEDIUM: peers: fix some track counter rules dont register entries for
sync.
      BUG/MAJOR: thread/peers: fix deadlock on peers sync.
      BUG/MEDIUM: ssl engines: Fix async engines fds were not considered to fix
fd limit automatically.
      BUG/MEDIUM: checks: a down server going to maint remains definitely
stucked on down state.
      BUG/MEDIUM: checks: a server passed in maint state was not forced down.
      BUG/MEDIUM: peers: fix expire date wasn't updated if entry is modified
remotely.
      BUG/MEDIUM: ssl/sample: ssl_bc_* fetch keywords are broken.
      MINOR: ssl/sample: adds ssl_bc_is_resumed fetch keyword.
      BUG/MINOR: session: Fix tcp-request session failure if handshake.

Emmanuel Hocdet (15):
      BUG/MINOR: ssl: CO_FL_EARLY_DATA removal is managed by stream
      MINOR: introduce proxy-v2-options for send-proxy-v2
      Revert "BUG/MINOR: send-proxy-v2: string size must include ('\0')"
      MINOR: ssl: extract full pkey info in load_certificate
      MINOR: ssl: add ssl_sock_get_pkey_algo function
      MINOR: ssl: add ssl_sock_get_cert_sig function
      MINOR: connection: add proxy-v2-options ssl-cipher,cert-sig,cert-key
      MINOR: connection: add proxy-v2-options authority
      MINOR: hash: add new function hash_crc32c
      MINOR: proxy-v2-options: add crc32c
      MINOR: accept-proxy: support proxy protocol v2 CRC32c checksum
      REORG: compact "struct server"
      MINOR: samples: add crc32c converter
      BUG/MEDIUM: ssl: do not store pkinfo with SSL_set_ex_data
      MINOR: ssl: BoringSSL matches OpenSSL 1.1.0

Eric Salama (1):
      BUG/MEDIUM: lua: fix crash when using bogus mode in register_service()

Etienne Carriere (3):
      MINOR: sample: add len converter
      MINOR: spoe: add force-set-var option in spoe-agent configuration
      MINOR: sample: add date_us sample

Frédéric Lécaille (13):
      MINOR: config: Enable tracking of up to MAX_SESS_STKCTR stick counters.
      MINOR: stick-tables: Adds support for new "gpc1" and "gpc1_rate" counters.
      DOC: regression testing: Add a short starting guide.
      BUG/MINOR: lua: Segfaults with wrong usage of types.
      MINOR: tests: First regression testing file.
      MINOR: reg-tests: Add reg-tests/README file.
      MINOR: reg-tests: Add a few regression testing files.
      DOC: Add new REGTEST tag info about reg testing.
      REGTEST/MINOR: Wrong URI in a reg test for SSL/TLS.
      REGTEST/MINOR: Set HAPROXY_PROGRAM default value.
      REGTEST/MINOR: Add levels to reg-tests target.
      REGTEST/MINOR: Wrong URI syntax.
      REGTEST/MINOR: Unexpected curl URL globling.

Ilya Shipitsin (3):
      CLEANUP: dns: remove duplicate code in src/dns.c
      CLEANUP: map, stream: remove duplicate code in src/map.c, src/stream.c
      BUILD/MINOR: fix build when USE_THREAD is not defined

Jérôme Magnin (2):
      DOC: clarify the scope of ssl_fc_is_resumed
      DOC: Describe routing impact of using interface keyword on bind lines

Kevin Zhu (1):
      DOC: SPOE.txt: fix a typo

Lukas Tribus (2):
      DOC: don't suggest using http-server-close
      MINOR: ssl: set SSL_OP_PRIORITIZE_CHACHA

Marcin Deranek (2):
      MINOR: proxy: Add fe_defbe fetcher
      MEDIUM: sample: Extend functionality for field/word converters

Mark Lakes (2):
      CLEANUP: lua: typo fix in comments
      MINOR: lua: allow socket api settimeout to accept integers, float, and
doubles

Olivier Houchard (62):
      BUG/MEDIUM: kqueue: Don't bother closing the kqueue after fork.
      MINOR: threads: Fix pthread_setaffinity_np on FreeBSD.
      BUG/MEDIUM: checks: Be sure we have a mux if we created a cs.
      CLEANUP: rbtree: remove
      MINOR: dns: Handle SRV record weight correctly.
      MINOR: servers: Don't report duplicate dyncookies for disabled servers.
      MINOR: threads: Fix build when we're not compiling with threads.
      MINOR: init: make stdout unbuffered
      MINOR: early data: Don't rely on CO_FL_EARLY_DATA to wake up streams.
      MINOR: early data: Never remove the CO_FL_EARLY_DATA flag.
      MINOR: compiler: introduce offsetoff().
      MINOR: threads: Introduce double-width CAS on x86_64 and arm.
      MINOR: pools/threads: Implement lockless memory pools.
      MAJOR: fd/threads: Make the fdcache mostly lockless.
      MEDIUM: fd/threads: Make sure we don't miss a fd cache entry.
      BUG/MINOR: fd/threads: properly lock the FD before adding it to the fd
cache.
      BUG/MEDIUM: ssl: Don't always treat SSL_ERROR_SYSCALL as unrecovarable.
      BUG/MINOR: unix: Don't mess up when removing the socket from the
xfer_sock_list.
      BUG/MINOR: seemless reload: Fix crash when an interface is specified.
      BUG/MINOR: fd: Don't clear the update_mask in fd_insert.
      BUG/MEDIUM: connection: Make sure we have a mux before calling detach().
      BUG/MEDIUM: kqueue: When adding new events, provide an output to get
errors.
      BUG/MEDIUM: task: Don't free a task that is about to be run.
      MINOR: fd: Make the lockless fd list work with multiple lists.
      BUG/MEDIUM: pollers: Use a global list for fd shared between threads.
      MINOR: pollers: move polled_mask outside of struct fdtab.
      BUG/MEDIUM: dns: Delay the attempt to run a DNS resolution on check
failure.
      MINOR: tasks: Change the task API so that the callback takes 3 arguments.
      MAJOR: tasks: Create a per-thread runqueue.
      MAJOR: tasks: Introduce tasklets.
      MINOR: tasks: Make the number of tasks to run at once configurable.
      MAJOR: applets: Use tasks, instead of rolling our own scheduler.
      BUG/MEDIUM: tasks: Don't forget to increase/decrease tasks_run_queue.
      BUG/MEDIUM: task: Don't forget to decrement max_processed after each task.
      MINOR: task: Also consider the task list size when getting global tasks.
      BUG/MEDIUM: tasks: Use the local runqueue when building without threads.
      MINOR: tasks: Don't define rqueue if we're building without threads.
      BUG/MINOR: unix: Make sure we can transfer abns sockets on seamless
reload.
      MINOR: tasks: Make sure we correctly init and deinit a tasklet.
      BUG/MINOR: tasklets: Just make sure we don't pass a tasklet to the
handler.
      BUG/MEDIUM: fd: Don't modify the update_mask in fd_dodelete().
      MINOR: tasklet: Set process to NULL.
      MINOR: buffer: Introduce b_sub(), b_add(), and bo_add()
      MINOR: buffer: Add b_set_data().
      MINOR: buffer: Use b_add()/bo_add() instead of accessing b->i/b->o.
      MINOR: channel: Add co_set_data().
      MEDIUM: compression: start to move to the new buffer API
      MEDIUM: buffers: move "output" from struct buffer to struct channel
      MINOR: tasklets: Don't attempt to add a tasklet in the list twice.
      MINOR: connections/mux: Add a new "subscribe" method.
      MEDIUM: connections/mux: Revamp the send direction.
      BUG/MEDIUM: mux_h2: Call h2_send() before updating polling.
      BUG/MINOR: servers: Don't make "server" in a frontend fatal.
      BUG/MEDIUM: tasks: Decrement rqueue_size at the right time.
      BUG/MEDIUM: tasks: Make sure there's no task left before considering
inactive.
      MINOR: tasks: Add a flag that tells if we're in the global runqueue.
      BUG/MEDIUM: tasks: make __task_unlink_rq responsible for the rqueue size.
      MINOR: tasks: Make active_tasks_mask volatile.
      MINOR: tasks: Make global_tasks_mask volatile.
      MINOR: pollers: Add a way to wake a thread sleeping in the poller.
      MINOR: threads/queue: Get rid of THREAD_WANT_SYNC in the queue code.
      BUG/MINOR: threads: Handle nbthread == MAX_THREADS.

Patrick Hemmer (5):
      MINOR: ssl: disable SSL sample fetches when unsupported
      MINOR: ssl: add fetch 'ssl_fc_session_key' and 'ssl_bc_session_key'
      DOC/MINOR: clean up LUA documentation re: servers & array/table.
      MINOR: lua: Add server name & puid to LUA Server class.
      MINOR: lua: add get_maxconn and set_maxconn to LUA Server class.

Pavlos Parissis (1):
      DOC: Mention -Ws in the list of available options

Philipp Kolmann (1):
      TESTS: Add a testcase for multi-port + multi-server listener issue

PiBa-NL (7):
      BUG/MINOR: mworker: fix validity check for the pipe FDs
      BUG/MINOR: mworker: detach from tty when in daemon mode
      BUG/MEDIUM: email-alert: don't set server check status from a email-alert
task
      BUG/MEDIUM: mworker: don't close stdio several time
      BUG/MINOR, BUG/MINOR: lua: Put tasks to sleep when waiting for data
      BUG/MINOR: lua: schedule socket task upon lua connect()
      BUG/MEDIUM: pollers/kqueue: use incremented position in event list

Rian McGuire (1):
      BUG/MINOR: log: t_idle (%Ti) is not set for some requests

Ryan O'Hara (2):
      CONTRIB: iprange: Fix compiler warning in iprange.c
      CONTRIB: halog: Fix compiler warnings in halog.c

Thierry FOURNIER (20):
      DOC: notifications: add precisions about thread usage
      BUG/MEDIUM: lua/notification: memory leak
      DOC: lua: new prototype for function "register_action()"
      BUG/MINOR: spoa-example: unexpected behavior for more than 127 args
      BUG/MINOR: lua: return bad error messages
      CLEANUP: lua/syntax: lua is a name and not an acronym
      BUG/MINOR: spoe: Mistake in error message about SPOE configuration
      BUG/MEDIUM: spoe: Flags are not encoded in network order
      BUG/MEDIUM: lua/socket: Length required read doesn't work
      MINOR: task/notification: Is notifications registered ?
      BUG/MEDIUM: lua/socket: wrong scheduling for sockets
      BUG/MAJOR: lua: Dead lock with sockets
      BUG/MEDIUM: lua/socket: Notification error
      BUG/MEDIUM: lua/socket: Sheduling error on write: may dead-lock
      BUG/MEDIUM: lua/socket: Buffer error, may segfault
      MINOR: lua: Increase debug information
      BUG/MAJOR: ssl: Random crash with cipherlist capture
      BUG/MAJOR: ssl: OpenSSL context is stored in non-reserved memory slot
      BUG/MAJOR: Stick-tables crash with segfault when the key is not in the
stick-table
      BUG/MEDIUM: lua: possible CLOSE-WAIT state with '\n' headers

Thierry Fournier (5):
      MINOR/BUILD: fix Lua build on Mac OS X
      BUG/MINOR: lua: the function returns anything
      BUG/MINOR: lua funtion hlua_socket_settimeout don't check negative values
      MINOR: servers: Support alphanumeric characters for the server templates
names
      MINOR: lua: Improve error message

Tim Duesterhus (32):
      MINOR: mworker: Update messages referencing exit-on-failure
      MINOR: mworker: Improve wording in `void mworker_wait()`
      BUG/MINOR: lua: Fix default value for pattern in Socket.receive
      DOC: lua: Fix typos in comments of hlua_socket_receive
      BUG/MEDIUM: lua: Fix IPv6 with separate port support for Socket.connect
      BUG/MINOR: lua: Fix return value of Socket.settimeout
      CLEANUP: sample: Fix comment encoding of sample.c
      CLEANUP: sample: Fix outdated comment about sample casts functions
      BUG/MINOR: sample: Fix output type of c_ipv62ip
      CLEANUP: Fix typo in ARGT_MSK6 comment
      CLEANUP: standard: Use len2mask4 in str2mask
      MINOR: standard: Add str2mask6 function
      MINOR: config: Add support for ARGT_MSK6
      MEDIUM: sample: Add IPv6 support to the ipmask converter
      BUG/MEDIUM: standard: Fix memory leak in str2ip2()
      DOC: cfgparse: Warn on option (tcp|http)log in backend
      CLEANUP: cfgparse: Remove unused label end
      CLEANUP: spoe: Remove unused label retry
      CLEANUP: h2: Remove unused labels from mux_h2.c
      CLEANUP: pools: Remove unused end label in memory.h
      CLEANUP: standard: Fix typo in IPv6 mask example
      MINOR: systemd: Add section for SystemD sandboxing to unit file
      MINOR: systemd: Add SystemD's Protect*= options to the unit file
      MINOR: systemd: Add SystemD's SystemCallFilter option to the unit file
      BUG/MAJOR: channel: Fix crash when trying to read from a closed socket
      BUG/MEDIUM: lua: Fix segmentation fault if a Lua task exits
      MINOR: sample: Add strcmp sample converter
      MINOR: http: Add support for 421 Misdirected Request
      MINOR: http: Log warning if (add|set)-header fails
      BUG/MAJOR: stick_table: Complete incomplete SEGV fix
      BUILD: Generate sha256 checksums in publish-release
      MEDIUM: proxy_protocol: Convert IPs to v6 when protocols are mixed

Vincent Bernat (2):
      MINOR: systemd: remove comment about HAPROXY_STATS_SOCKET
      MINOR: systemd: consider exit status 143 as successful

William Lallemand (15):
      BUG/MEDIUM: ssl: don't allocate shctx several time
      BUG/MEDIUM: cache: bad computation of the remaining size
      BUG/MINOR: ssl: support tune.ssl.cachesize 0 again
      MINOR: don't close stdio anymore
      BUG/MEDIUM: ssl: cache doesn't release shctx blocks
      BUG/MEDIUM: mworker: execvp failure depending on argv[0]
      MINOR: export localpeer as an environment variable
      BUG/MINOR: cli: don't stop cli_gen_usage_msg() when kw->usage == NULL
      BUG/MEDIUM: cache: don't cache when an Authorization header is present
      BUG/MEDIUM: threads: handle signal queue only in thread 0
      BUG/MINOR: don't ignore SIG{BUS,FPE,ILL,SEGV} during signal processing
      BUG/MINOR: signals: ha_sigmask macro for multithreading
      BUG/MAJOR: map: fix a segfault when using http-request set-map
      BUG/BUILD: threads: unbreak build without threads
      MINOR: startup: change session/process group settings

Willy Tarreau (312):
      BUILD: checks: don't include server.h
      BUG/MEDIUM: stream: fix session leak on applet-initiated connections
      BUG/MEDIUM: threads/peers: decrement, not increment jobs on quitting
      BUG/MEDIUM: h2: don't report an error after parsing a 100-continue
response
      MINOR: config: report when "monitor fail" rules are misplaced
      BUG/MINOR: hpack: fix debugging output of pseudo header names
      BUG/MINOR: hpack: must reject huffman literals padded with more than 7
bits
      BUG/MINOR: hpack: reject invalid header index
      BUG/MINOR: hpack: dynamic table size updates are only allowed before
headers
      BUG/MAJOR: h2: correctly check the request length when building an H1
request
      BUG/MINOR: h2: immediately close if receiving GOAWAY after the last stream
      BUG/MINOR: h2: try to abort closed streams as soon as possible
      BUG/MINOR: h2: ":path" must not be empty
      BUG/MINOR: h2: fix a typo causing PING/ACK to be responded to
      BUG/MINOR: h2: the TE header if present may only contain trailers
      BUG/MEDIUM: h2: enforce the per-connection stream limit
      BUG/MINOR: h2: do not accept SETTINGS_ENABLE_PUSH other than 0 or 1
      BUG/MINOR: h2: reject incorrect stream dependencies on HEADERS frame
      BUG/MINOR: h2: properly check PRIORITY frames
      BUG/MINOR: h2: reject response pseudo-headers from requests
      BUG/MEDIUM: h2: remove connection-specific headers from request
      BUG/MEDIUM: h2: do not accept upper case letters in request header names
      BUG/MINOR: h2: use the H2_F_DATA_* macros for DATA frames
      BUG/MAJOR: hpack: don't pretend large headers fit in empty table
      BUG/MEDIUM: mworker: also close peers sockets in the master
      BUG/MEDIUM: peers: set NOLINGER on the outgoing stream interface
      BUG/MEDIUM: h2: fix handling of end of stream again
      MINOR: conn_stream: add new flag CS_FL_RCV_MORE to indicate pending data
      BUG/MEDIUM: stream-int: always set SI_FL_WAIT_ROOM on CS_FL_RCV_MORE
      BUG/MEDIUM: h2: automatically set CS_FL_RCV_MORE when the output buffer
is full
      BUG/MEDIUM: h2: enable recv polling whenever demuxing is possible
      BUG/MEDIUM: h2: work around a connection API limitation
      BUG/MEDIUM: h2: debug incoming traffic in h2_wake()
      MINOR: h2: store the demux padding length in the h2c struct
      BUG/MEDIUM: h2: support uploading partial DATA frames
      MINOR: h2: don't demand that a DATA frame is complete before processing it
      BUG/MEDIUM: h2: don't switch the state to HREM before end of DATA frame
      BUG/MEDIUM: h2: don't close after the first DATA frame on tunnelled
      BUG/MEDIUM: http: don't disable lingering on requests with tunnelled
      BUG/MEDIUM: h2: fix stream limit enforcement
      BUG/MINOR: stream-int: don't try to receive again after receiving an EOS
      MINOR: sample: rename the "len" converter to "length"
      BUG/MINOR: h2: properly report a stream error on RST_STREAM
      MINOR: mux: add flags to describe a mux's capabilities
      MINOR: stream-int: set flag SI_FL_CLEAN_ABRT when mux supports clean
aborts
      BUG/MEDIUM: stream: don't consider abortonclose on muxes which close
cleanly
      MINOR: http: adjust the list of supposedly cacheable methods
      MINOR: http: update the list of cacheable status codes as per RFC7231
      MINOR: http: start to compute the transaction's cacheability from the
request
      BUG/MINOR: http: do not ignore cache-control: public
      BUG/MINOR: http: properly detect max-age=0 and s-maxage=0 in responses
      BUG/MINOR: cache: do not force the TX_CACHEABLE flag before checking
cacheability
      MINOR: http: add a function to check request's cache-control header field
      BUG/MEDIUM: cache: do not try to retrieve host-less requests from the
cache
      BUG/MEDIUM: cache: replace old object on store
      BUG/MEDIUM: cache: respect the request cache-control header
      BUG/MEDIUM: cache: don't cache the response on no-cache="set-cookie"
      BUG/MAJOR: connection: refine the situations where we don't send shutw()
      BUG/MEDIUM: checks: properly set servers to stopping state on 404
      BUG/MEDIUM: h2: properly handle and report some stream errors
      BUG/MEDIUM: h2: improve handling of frames received on closed streams
      BUG/MEDIUM: h2: ensure we always know the stream before sending a reset
      BUG/MEDIUM: http: don't automatically forward request close
      BUG/MAJOR: hpack: don't return direct references to the dynamic headers
table
      MINOR: h2: add a function to report pseudo-header names
      DEBUG: hpack: make hpack_dht_dump() expose the output file
      DEBUG: hpack: add more traces to the hpack decoder
      CONTRIB: hpack: add an hpack decoder
      MEDIUM: h2: prepare a graceful shutdown when the frontend is stopped
      BUG/MEDIUM: h2: properly handle the END_STREAM flag on empty DATA frames
      BUILD: ssl: silence a warning when building without NPN nor ALPN support
      MINOR: hathreads: add support for gcc < 4.7
      BUG/MEDIUM: stream: properly handle client aborts during redispatch
      CONTRIB: debug: fix a few flags definitions
      BUG/MINOR: poll: too large size allocation for FD events
      MINOR: global/threads: move cpu_map at the end of the global struct
      MINOR: threads: add a MAX_THREADS define instead of LONGBITS
      MINOR: global: add some global activity counters to help debugging
      BUG/MEDIUM: fd: maintain a per-thread update mask
      MINOR: fd: add a bitmask to indicate that an FD is known by the poller
      BUG/MEDIUM: epoll/threads: use one epoll_fd per thread
      BUG/MEDIUM: kqueue/threads: use one kqueue_fd per thread
      BUG/MEDIUM: threads/mworker: fix a race on startup
      BUG/MINOR: mworker: only write to pidfile if it exists
      BUG/MINOR: threads: always set an owner to the thread_sync pipe
      BUG/MINOR: cli: use global.maxsock and not maxfd to list all FDs
      MINOR: polling: make epoll and kqueue not depend on maxfd anymore
      MINOR: fd: don't report maxfd in alert messages
      MEDIUM: polling: start to move maxfd computation to the pollers
      CLEANUP: fd/threads: remove the now unused fdtab_lock
      MINOR: poll: more accurately compute the new maxfd in the loop
      CLEANUP: fd: remove the unused "new" field
      MINOR: fd: move the hap_fd_{clr,set,isset} functions to fd.h
      MEDIUM: select: make use of hap_fd_* functions
      MEDIUM: fd: use atomic ops for hap_fd_{clr,set} and remove poll_lock
      MEDIUM: select: don't use the old FD state anymore
      MEDIUM: poll: don't use the old FD state anymore
      MINOR: fd: pass the iocb and owner to fd_insert()
      BUG/MINOR: epoll/threads: only call epoll_ctl(DEL) on polled FDs
      MINOR: threads: add test and set/reset operations
      MAJOR: fd: compute the new fd polling state out of the fd lock
      MINOR: epoll: get rid of the now useless fd_compute_new_polled_status()
      MINOR: kqueue: get rid of the now useless fd_compute_new_polled_status()
      MINOR: poll: get rid of the now useless fd_compute_new_polled_status()
      MINOR: select: get rid of the now useless fd_compute_new_polled_status()
      CLEANUP: fd: remove the now unused fd_compute_new_polled_status() function
      MEDIUM: fd: make updt_fd_polling() use atomics
      MEDIUM: poller: use atomic ops to update the fdtab mask
      MINOR: fd: move the fd_{add_to,rm_from}_fdlist functions to fd.c
      BUG/MINOR: fd/threads: properly dereference fdcache as volatile
      MINOR: fd: remove the unneeded last CAS when adding an fd to the list
      MINOR: fd: reorder fd_add_to_fd_list()
      BUG/MINOR: time/threads: ensure the adjusted time is always correct
      BUILD: fd/threads: fix breakage build breakage without threads
      BUG/MINOR: config: don't emit a warning when global stats is incompletely
configured
      BUG/MEDIUM: threads: fix the double CAS implementation for ARMv7
      MINOR: sample: add a new "concat" converter
      BUG/MINOR: pools/threads: don't ignore DEBUG_UAF on double-word CAS
capable archs
      BUG/MINOR: debug/pools: properly handle out-of-memory when building with
DEBUG_UAF
      MINOR: debug/pools: make DEBUG_UAF also detect underflows
      BUG/MEDIUM: h2: always consume any trailing data after end of output
buffers
      CLEANUP: h2: rename misleading h2c_stream_close() to h2s_close()
      MINOR: h2: provide and use h2s_detach() and h2s_free()
      MEDIUM: h2: use a single buffer allocator
      BUILD/MINOR: fix Lua build on Mac OS X (again)
      DOC: buffers: clarify the purpose of the <from> pointer in offer_buffers()
      BUG/MEDIUM: h2: also arm the h2 timeout when sending
      MINOR: log: stop emitting alerts when it's not possible to write on the
socket
      BUILD/BUG: enable -fno-strict-overflow by default
      BUG/MEDIUM: fd/threads: ensure the fdcache_mask always reflects the cache
contents
      BUG/MEDIUM: h2: properly account for DATA padding in flow control
      BUG/MINOR: h2: ensure we can never send an RST_STREAM in response to an
RST_STREAM
      BUG/MINOR: hpack: fix harmless use of uninitialized value in
hpack_dht_insert
      MINOR: cli/threads: make "show fd" report thread_sync_io_handler instead
of "unknown"
      MINOR: cli: make "show fd" report the mux and mux_ctx pointers when
available
      BUILD/MINOR: cli: fix a build warning introduced by last commit
      BUG/MAJOR: h2: remove orphaned streams from the send list before closing
      MINOR: h2: always call h2s_detach() in h2_detach()
      MINOR: h2: fuse h2s_detach() and h2s_free() into h2s_destroy()
      BUG/MEDIUM: h2/threads: never release the task outside of the task handler
      BUG/MEDIUM: h2: don't consider pending data on detach if connection is in
error
      BUILD/MINOR: threads: always export thread_sync_io_handler()
      MINOR: mux: add a "show_fd" function to dump debugging information for
"show fd"
      MINOR: h2: implement a basic "show_fd" function
      MINOR: cli: report cache indexes in "show fd"
      BUG/MINOR: h2: remove accidental debug code introduced with show_fd
function
      BUG/MEDIUM: h2: always add a stream to the send or fctl list when blocked
      BUG/MINOR: checks: check the conn_stream's readiness and not the
connection
      BUG/MINOR: cache: fix "show cache" output
      BUG/MAJOR: cache: fix random crashes caused by incorrect delete() on
non-first blocks
      BUG/MAJOR: cache: always initialize newly created objects
      BUILD: sample: avoid build warning in sample.c
      BUG/CRITICAL: h2: fix incorrect frame length check
      DOC: lua: update the links to the config and Lua API
      MINOR: h2: detect presence of CONNECT and/or content-length
      BUG/MEDIUM: h2: implement missing support for chunked encoded uploads
      BUG/MINOR: config: disable http-reuse on TCP proxies
      MINOR: backend: implement random-based load balancing
      BUG/MINOR: lua: ensure large proxy IDs can be represented
      BUG/MEDIUM: http: don't always abort transfers on CF_SHUTR
      BUG/MEDIUM: ssl: properly protect SSL cert generation
      DOC: add some description of the pending rework of the buffer structure
      BUG/MINOR: ssl/lua: prevent lua from affecting automatic maxconn
computation
      BUG/BUILD: threads: unbreak build without threads
      DOC: management: add the new wrew stats column
      MINOR: stats: also report the failed header rewrites warnings on the
stats page
      MINOR: stats: also report the nice and number of calls for applets
      MINOR: applet: assign the same nice value to a new appctx as its owner
task
      MINOR: stick-tables: make stktable_release() do nothing on NULL
      BUG/MINOR: ssl: properly ref-count the tls_keys entries
      MINOR: h2: keep a count of the number of conn_streams attached to the mux
      BUG/MEDIUM: h2: don't accept new streams if conn_streams are still in
excess
      MINOR: h2: add the mux and demux buffer lengths on "show fd"
      BUG/MEDIUM: h2: never leave pending data in the output buffer on close
      BUG/MEDIUM: h2: make sure the last stream closes the connection after a
timeout
      MINOR: buffer: implement a new file for low-level buffer manipulation
functions
      MINOR: buffer: switch buffer sizes and offsets to size_t
      MINOR: buffer: add a few basic functions for the new API
      MINOR: buffer: introduce b_realign_if_empty()
      MINOR: compression: pass the channel to http_compression_buffer_end()
      MINOR: channel: add a few basic functions for the new buffer API
      MINOR: channel/buffer: use c_realign_if_empty() instead of
buffer_realign()
      MINOR: channel/buffer: replace buffer_slow_realign() with
channel_slow_realign() and b_slow_realign()
      MEDIUM: channel: make channel_slow_realign() take a swap buffer
      MINOR: h2: use b_slow_realign() with the trash as a swap buffer
      MINOR: buffer: remove buffer_slow_realign() and the swap_buffer
allocation code
      MINOR: channel/buffer: replace b_{adv,rew} with c_{adv,rew}
      MINOR: buffer: replace calls to buffer_space_wraps() with b_space_wraps()
      MINOR: buffer: remove bi_getblk() and bi_getblk_nc()
      MINOR: buffer: split bi_contig_data() into ci_contig_data and
b_config_data()
      MINOR: buffer: remove bi_ptr()
      MINOR: buffer: remove bo_ptr()
      MINOR: buffer: remove bo_end()
      MINOR: buffer: remove bi_end()
      MINOR: buffer: remove bo_contig_data()
      MINOR: buffer: merge b{i,o}_contig_space()
      MINOR: buffer: replace bo_getblk() with direction agnostic b_getblk()
      MINOR: buffer: replace bo_getblk_nc() with b_getblk_nc() which takes an
offset
      MINOR: buffer: replace bi_del() and bo_del() with b_del()
      MINOR: buffer: convert most b_ptr() calls to c_ptr()
      MINOR: h1: make h1_measure_trailers() take the byte count in argument
      MINOR: h2: clarify the fact that the send functions are unsigned
      MEDIUM: h2: prevent the various mux encoders from modifying the buffer
      MINOR: h1: make h1_skip_chunk_crlf() not depend on b_ptr() anymore
      MINOR: h1: make h1_parse_chunk_size() not depend on b_ptr() anymore
      MINOR: h1: make h1_measure_trailers() use an offset and a count
      MEDIUM: h2: do not use buf->o anymore inside h2_snd_buf's loop
      MEDIUM: h2: don't use b_ptr() nor b_end() anymore
      MINOR: buffer: get rid of b_end() and b_to_end()
      MINOR: buffer: make b_getblk_nc() take const pointers
      MINOR: buffer: make b_getblk_nc() take size_t for the block sizes
      MEDIUM: connection: make xprt->snd_buf() take the byte count in argument
      MEDIUM: mux: make mux->snd_buf() take the byte count in argument
      MEDIUM: connection: make xprt->rcv_buf() use size_t for the count
      MEDIUM: mux: make mux->rcv_buf() take a size_t for the count
      MINOR: connection: add a flags argument to rcv_buf()
      MINOR: connection: add a new receive flag : CO_RFL_BUF_WET
      MINOR: buffer: get rid of b_ptr() and convert its last users
      MINOR: buffer: use b_room() to determine available space in a buffer
      MINOR: buffer: replace buffer_not_empty() with b_data() or c_data()
      MINOR: buffer: replace buffer_empty() with b_empty() or c_empty()
      MINOR: buffer: make bo_putchar() use b_tail()
      MINOR: buffer: replace buffer_full() with channel_full()
      MINOR: buffer: replace bi_space_for_replace() with ci_space_for_replace()
      MINOR: buffer: replace buffer_pending() with ci_data()
      MINOR: buffer: replace buffer_flush() with c_adv(chn, ci_data(chn))
      MINOR: buffer: use c_head() instead of buffer_wrap_sub(c->buf, p-o)
      MINOR: buffer: use b_orig() to replace most references to b->data
      MINOR: channel: remove almost all references to buf->i and buf->o
      MEDIUM: channel: adapt to the new buffer API
      MINOR: checks: adapt to the new buffer API
      MEDIUM: h2: update to the new buffer API
      MINOR: buffer: remove unused bo_add()
      MEDIUM: spoe: use the new buffer API for the SPOE buffer
      MINOR: stats: adapt to the new buffers API
      MINOR: cli: use the new buffer API
      MINOR: cache: use the new buffer API
      MINOR: stream-int: use the new buffer API
      MINOR: stream: use wrappers instead of directly manipulating buffers
      MINOR: backend: use new buffer API
      MEDIUM: http: use wrappers instead of directly manipulating buffers states
      MINOR: filters: convert to the new buffer API
      MINOR: payload: convert to the new buffer API
      MEDIUM: h1: port to new buffer API.
      MINOR: flt_trace: adapt to the new buffer API
      MINOR: lua: use the wrappers instead of directly manipulating buffer
states
      MINOR: buffer: convert part bo_putblk() and bi_putblk() to the new API
      MINOR: buffer: adapt buffer_slow_realign() and buffer_dump() to the new
API
      MAJOR: start to change buffer API
      MINOR: buffer: remove the check for output on b_del()
      MINOR: buffer: b_set_data() doesn't truncate output data anymore
      MINOR: buffer: rename the "data" field to "area"
      MINOR: buffer: replace bi_fast_delete() with b_del()
      MINOR: buffer: replace b{i,o}_put* with b_put*
      MINOR: buffer: add a new file for ist + buffer manipulation functions
      MINOR: checks: use b_putist() instead of b_putstr()
      MINOR: buffers: remove b_putstr()
      CLEANUP: buffer: minor cleanups to buffer.h
      MINOR: buffers/channel: replace buffer_insert_line2() with
ci_insert_line2()
      MINOR: buffer: replace buffer_replace2() with b_rep_blk()
      MINOR: buffer: rename the data length member to '->data'
      MAJOR: buffer: finalize buffer detachment
      MEDIUM: chunks: make the chunk struct's fields match the buffer struct
      MAJOR: chunks: replace struct chunk with struct buffer
      DOC: buffers: document the new buffers API
      DOC: buffers: remove obsolete docs about buffers
      MINOR: connection: simplify subscription by adding a registration function
      MINOR: buffers: simplify b_contig_space()
      MINOR: buffers: split b_putblk() into __b_putblk()
      MINOR: buffers: add b_xfer() to transfer data between buffers
      DOC: add some design notes about the new layering model
      MINOR: conn_stream: add a new CS_FL_REOS flag
      MINOR: conn_stream: add an rx buffer to the conn_stream
      MEDIUM: conn_stream: add cs_recv() as a default rcv_buf() function
      MEDIUM: stream-int: automatically call si_cs_recv_cb() if the cs has data
on wake()
      MINOR: h2: make each H2 stream support an intermediary input buffer
      MEDIUM: h2: make h2_frt_decode_headers() use an intermediary buffer
      MEDIUM: h2: make h2_frt_transfer_data() copy via an intermediary buffer
      MEDIUM: h2: centralize transfer of decoded frames in h2_rcv_buf()
      MEDIUM: h2: move headers and data frame decoding to their respective
parsers
      MEDIUM: buffers: make b_xfer() automatically swap buffers when possible
      MEDIUM: h2: perform a single call to the data layer in demux()
      MEDIUM: h2: don't call data_cb->recv() anymore
      MINOR: h2: make use of CS_FL_REOS to indicate that end of stream was seen
      MEDIUM: h2: use the default conn_stream's receive function
      DOC: add more design feedback on the new layering model
      MINOR: h2: add the error code and the max/last stream IDs to "show fd"
      BUG/MEDIUM: stream-int: don't immediately enable reading when the buffer
was reportedly full
      BUG/MEDIUM: stats: don't ask for more data as long as we're responding
      BUG/MEDIUM: tasks: make sure we pick all tasks in the run queue
      BUG/MEDIUM: tasks: use atomic ops for active_tasks_mask
      MINOR: signal: don't pass the signal number anymore as the wakeup reason
      MINOR: tasks: extend the state bits from 8 to 16 and remove the reason
      MINOR: queue: centralize dequeuing code a bit better
      MEDIUM: queue: make pendconn_free() work on the stream instead
      DOC: queue: document the expected locking model for the server's queue
      MINOR: queue: make sure pendconn->strm->pend_pos is always valid
      MINOR: queue: use a distinct variable for the assigned server and the
queue
      MINOR: queue: implement pendconn queue locking functions
      MEDIUM: queue: get rid of the pendconn lock
      BUG/MEDIUM: threads/sync: use sched_yield when available
      BUG/MEDIUM: h2: prevent orphaned streams from blocking a connection
forever
      BUG/MINOR: config: stick-table is not supported in defaults section
      BUILD/MINOR: threads: unbreak build with threads disabled
      BUG/MEDIUM: threads: properly fix nbthreads == MAX_THREADS
      MINOR: threads: move "nbthread" parsing to hathreads.c
      BUG/MEDIUM: threads: unbreak "bind" referencing an incorrect thread number
      BUILD/MINOR: compiler: fix offsetof() on older compilers
      SCRIPTS: git-show-backports: add missing quotes to "echo"
      MINOR: threads: add more consistency between certain variables in
no-thread case
      MEDIUM: hathreads: implement a more flexible rendez-vous point
      BUG/MEDIUM: cli: make "show fd" thread-safe

Yves Lafon (1):
      MINOR: stats: display the number of threads in the statistics.

sada (1):
      BUG/MINOR: lua: Socket.send threw runtime error: 'close' needs 1
arguments.

---