Hello,

On Sat, 1 Sep 2018 at 20:49, Lukas Tribus <lu...@ltri.eu> wrote:
> > I've confirmed the change in behavior only happens with an ECC
> > certificate, an RSA certificate is not affected.
>
> Just to confirm that this is still an actual problem with current
> haproxy and openssl 1.1.1pre9.
>
> You just have to use a ECC certificate instead of a RSA certificate,
> and it will fail with TLSv1.1 when strict-sni is enabled.

Actually the problem is worse: SNI doesn't work *at all* with ECC
certificates in TLSv1.1 and TLSv1.0. It simply falls back to a
matching RSA certificate or the default-certificate. Of course, if
only the ECC certificate is there, and strict-sni is set, the
handshake is rejected.

Same exact behavior happens with boringssl as well (not only openssl 1.1.1).

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Lukas