Hello,

I have been searching for an answer whether HAProxy can forward
authentication request from shibboleth SP.

Here is my proposed setup for delivering some web contents.

A. load balancer is HAPorxy
B. 3 web servers behind HA proxy

-- > clients go to the proxy address: https://example.com

--> shibboleth SP is installed on the LB node ( where HA proxy is running )
--> HAPorxy will call in shibboleth for authentication

--> 'valid-user' will be passed through HAProxy to the web server

--> user will be granted access to the site.

I am not sure if HAProxy has anything more then basic
authentication support.  At least I could not find anything.

any feedback on this will be appreciated, very much.

thanks