Hi Norman,

On Thu, Dec 06, 2018 at 04:57:18PM +0000, Norman Branitsky wrote:
> NGINX just announced the following load balancing method as default for their
> Ingress Controller for Kubernetes.
> Will this appear on the HAProxy roadmap?

That's interesting because we've had a discussion about this very same
algo not too long ago with a coworker. I said that it should be trivial
to implement, though I think that it might make sense to make the number
of tries configurable. Indeed, I need to read the complete thesis on it
but I suspect it can make sense to take more than 2 tries if the number
of servers and/or LB nodes (or the product of the two) is very high. Maybe
we'll end up picking log()+1 or something like this.

But yes that's definitely very interesting.

Thanks,