Am 29.12.2018 um 19:25 schrieb Valentin Vidic:
> On Sat, Dec 29, 2018 at 06:03:51PM +0100, Aleksandar Lazic wrote:
>> I thought I have misunderstood the Idea behind maglev, thanks for
>> clarification.
>
> Found another mention of Maglev [Eis16] for high-level load balancing (between
> datacenters):
>
>   https://landing.google.com/sre/sre-book/chapters/load-balancing-frontend/

Thanks.

As explained from Willy the Eis16 is for IP packages, I think.

```
.
.

Our current VIP load balancing solution [Eis16] uses packet encapsulation. A
network load balancer puts the forwarded packet into another IP packet with
Generic Routing Encapsulation (GRE) [Han94], and uses a backend’s address as the
destination. A backend receiving the packet strips off the outer IP+GRE layer
and processes the inner IP packet as if it were delivered directly to its
network interface. The network load balancer and the backend no longer need to
exist in the same broadcast domain; they can even be on separate continents as
long as a route between the two exists.
.
.

```

As in the Kubernetes environments are more and more SDNs in use I'm asking my
self if this algorithm could have some benefit. The network setup and in general
the IT have a high change rate let's keep it in mind and let us see what the
future brings or requires ;-)

QUICK is coming "quick" over the edge and this will change a lot especially for
reverse proxies like haproxy, IMHO.

Regards
Aleks