On Fri, Dec 28, 2018 at 10:18:55AM +0100, Aleksandar Lazic wrote:
> I just have seen this tweet, maybe it's also interesting for you.
>
> https://conferences2.sigcomm.org/co-next/2018/slides/epiq-keynote.pdf .

Thanks Aleks, it definitely is interesting, I didn't notice it earlier.
I see that they faced the same difficulties we already envisioned
regarding the hot restart. We've thought about using an outgoing
connect() call to let the system distribute packets to the appropriate
process, but it definitely keeps some shortcomings and we didn't rule
out the need to forward some packets between the processes either. I'm
interested in what can be done using the server-chosen connection ID,
it reminds me an old discussion about placing upfront routing info
before the crypto part. Most likely we could get away with this.

Cheers,