On Wed, Jan 09, 2019 at 02:09:47AM +0100, Tim Düsterhus wrote:
> Pieter,
>
> Am 08.01.19 um 23:37 schrieb PiBa-NL:
> > Got a coredump of 1.9.0-8223050 today, see below. Would this be 'likely'
> > the same one with the 'PRIORITY' that 1.9.1 fixes?
>
> Without knowing much about the mux code: This is highly unlikely to be
> related. In my tests the bug lead to an immediate crash when receiving
> the bogusrequest. In your case it appears to me that the crash happened
> while sending the response.

For me it looks like this one, first one fixed in 1.9 :

af97229 ("BUG/MEDIUM: h2: Don't forget to quit the sending_list if
SUB_CALL_UNSUBSCRIBE.")

> Generally I believe it's best to send those kind of reports to Willy in
> private. If this is a actually something that can be triggered by an
> unauthenticated client it does not need to be exposed for the whole
> world to see :-)

Well, as long as there's no reproducing data, public report often increase
the likeliness of the "me too" effect which often helps narrow down an issue.

> > Anyhow i updated my system to 2.0-dev0-251a6b7 for the moment, lets see
> > if something strange happens again. Might take a few days though, IF it
> > still occurs..

I'm confident you will not see this one anymore. Interestingly, 1.9 was
much more difficult to develop than 1.8 but looks much less chaotic after
the release. I think that the cleaner architecture and the regtests have
significantly reduced the opportunities for introducing stupid bugs, this
is great.