Hi Marcin,

On 4/12/19 6:10 PM, Marcin Deranek wrote:
> Hi Emeric,
>
> On 4/12/19 5:26 PM, Emeric Brun wrote:
>
>> Do you have ssl enabled on the server side?
>
> Yes, ssl is on frontend and backend with ssl checks enabled.
>
>> If it is the case could replace health check with a simple tcp check
>> (without ssl)?
>
> What I noticed before that if I (re)start HAProxy and reload immediately no
> stuck processes are present. If I wait before reloading stuck processes show
> up.
> After disabling checks (I still keep ssl enabled for normal traffic) reloads
> work just fine (tried many time). Do you know how to enable TCP healthchecks
> while keeping SSL for non-healthcheck requests ?

I think you can do that this way:

Remove the option httchk (or prefix it by "no": "no option httchk " if it is
configured into the defaults section

and add the following 2 lines:

option tcp-check
tcp-check connect

This shouldn't perform the handshake but just validate that the port is open.
The regular traffic will continue to use the ssl
on server side.

>> Regarding the show info/lsoff  it seems there is no more sessions on client
>> side but remaining ssl jobs (CurrSslConns) and I supsect the health checks
>> to miss a cleanup of their ssl sessions using the QAT. (this is just an
>> assumption)
>
> In general instance where I test QAT does not have any "real" client traffic
> except small amount of healtcheck requests per frontend which are internally
> handled by HAProxy itself. Still TLS handshake still needs to take place.
> There are many more backend healthchecks. Looks like your assumption was
> correct..

Good!, We continue to dig in that direction.

An other interesting trace would be to perform a "show sess" command on a
stucked process through the master cli.

R,
Emeric