Hi Patrick,

On Wed, May 15, 2019 at 01:22:41AM -0400, Patrick Hemmer wrote:
> We haven't had a chance to update to 1.9.8 yet, so we're still running 1.9.6
> (Linux) in production, and just had 2 segfaults happen a little over an hour
> apart. When I look at the core dumps from them, the stack trace is the same.
> I'm not sure if this is an issue already fixed, so providing just in case.

In 1.9.6 some locking was missing in the roundrobin LB algorithm as well
as in the slowstart function. Any server state update there (weight change,
up/down etc) only exercises your luck :-)

> There was one oddity going on at the time these segfaults occurred. We had
> maxed out the Linux kernel's conntrack table. So haproxy would have been
> experiencing timeouts when attempting new connections, with health checks
> failing all over the place.

Yes good point, that's very likely what happened, which could indicate
that the rest of the time your servers are quite stable and you don't
trigger these code paths.

Thanks!