Willy,

Am 15.05.19 um 05:06 schrieb Willy Tarreau:
> Hi Tim,
>
> On Tue, May 14, 2019 at 08:57:55PM +0200, Tim Duesterhus wrote:
>> Okay, I did a sweep through the configuration parser and:
>>
>> 1. Made deprecated directives fatal and removed them from the docs. The
>>    error messages speak of "HAProxy 2.1", thus it should be merged into
>>    some kind of 'next' branch.
>> 2. Made deprecated directives actually warn and remove them from the docs
>>    as well. No need to document deprecated options, users can simply peek
>>    into the old docs. Also the error messages are pretty clear on what
>>    needs to be done to fix it.
>
> OK, I think we can take all of these for a next branch indeed. Two of
> them, the one adding a warning and the one removing the unused keyword
> could be picked for 2.0 if you agree. Also I'll rename them "MEDIUM" as

I'll leave this up to you. Applying them all to 'next' only possibly
makes the history a bit cleaner, though.

> they do change something in a way that is fixable by configuration,
> these are not just functionally equivalent code cleanups.

ack.

>> 2. 'req*' and 'rsp*'. I remember that they allow some modification that
>>    cannot easily be replicated otherwise (but I'll have to check that
>>    first).
>
> Sure but practically speaking such modifications do not make sense in
> the real world (e.g. rename many header names at once). And the "excuse"

I believe it was some kind of request path rewriting that was not easily
possibly with `http-request set-path` (maybe because of syntax
limitations). I'll definitely check and report back.

> above has been the reason for continually postponing their removal. I'd
> instead vote for warning on them in 2.0 and removing them very early in
> 2.1. If someone has a compelling use case, we'll get some feedback thanks
> to the warning and it will still be possible to figure how to implement
> a replacement using http-request rules.

Best regards
Tim Düsterhus