Am 13.05.2019 um 16:57 schrieb Willy Tarreau:
> Hi,
>
> HAProxy 1.9.8 was released on 2019/05/13. It added 53 new commits
> after version 1.9.7.
>
> The most important bugs fall into 3 main categories here :
>   - a possible crash in multi-threads when issuing "show map" or
>     "show acl" on the CLI in parallel to "clear map" or "clear acl" on
>     another CLI session ;
>
>   - an incorrect handling in H2 of the HTX end-of-message mark after
>     the response trailers which can lead to an endless loop between
>     the caller seeing there's still something to send and the callee
>     seeing it cannot send this block alone. This one gave a few of us
>     some difficulties and helped us see how we can improve HTX for
>     future versions by making certain cases more straightforward.
>     Thanks to Patrick Hemmer for providing backtraces exhibiting the
>     issue.
>
>   - multiple incorrect list handling in the H2 mux resulting in endless
>     loops for some users with large objects. The assumptions that once
>     were granted in this code evolved several times during 1.9-dev and
>     have led to situations where the presence of an element in the send
>     list was not guarded anymore by some previous conditions. Multiple
>     iterations of fixes were only pushing the problem forward to the
>     next point. Now that these issues were addressed, we've figured how
>     certain parts can be simplified to significantly reduce the
>     probability that similar issues appear in the future. We owe a big
>     thanks to Maciej Zdeb for testing countless patches and reporting
>     detailed traces, and even core dumps.
>
> There were some other annoying issues among which :
>   - occasionally a 100% CPU condition (but traffic not interrupted) on
>     certain fragmented H2 HEADER frames. Thanks go to Yves Lafon for
>     providing cores and traces.
>
>   - missing locks on source port ranges occasionally causing connections
>     running on different threads to pick the same outgoing source port,
>     resulting in connection failures.
>
>   - a missing lock on the server slowstart code causing deadlocks on the
>     roundrobin algorithm when using threads and slowstart.
>
> The rest is either a bit less important or became confuse to me after
> having dealt with the ones above, to be honest.
>
> I'm quite confident this one works way better than previous ones, and at
> the same time that someone will soon raise their hand saying "I think I
> have a problem". Having said that, with 305 bugs fixed since 1.9.0 was
> released, you have no valid reason for still using an earlier release
> now that this one is available.
>
> I would generally like to thank all the early adopters who are running
> on 1.9, because they are the ones going through all the problems above
> and taking the risks for others, and thanks to them we can expect a much
> calmer 2.0. So please continue to report any issue you'll meet!

> [...]

Docker Images:

OSSL: https://hub.docker.com/r/me2digital/haproxy19
BSSL: https://hub.docker.com/r/me2digital/haproxy-19-boringssl

Openssl build log:

########################## Starting vtest ##########################
Testing with haproxy version: 1.9.8
#    top  TEST ./reg-tests/http-capture/h00000.vtc FAILED (0.123) exit=2
#    top  TEST ./reg-tests/http-messaging/h00000.vtc FAILED (0.124) exit=2
2 tests failed, 0 tests skipped, 33 tests passed

https://gitlab.com/aleks001/haproxy19-centos/-/jobs/213200457

Boringssl build log:

########################## Starting vtest ##########################
Testing with haproxy version: 1.9.8
#    top  TEST ./reg-tests/http-capture/h00000.vtc FAILED (0.118) exit=2
#    top  TEST ./reg-tests/connection/b00000.vtc FAILED (8.184) exit=2
#    top  TEST ./reg-tests/http-messaging/h00000.vtc FAILED (0.113) exit=2
3 tests failed, 0 tests skipped, 31 tests passed

https://gitlab.com/aleks001/haproxy-19-boringssl/-/jobs/213200704

> Willy
> ---
> Complete changelog :