You could make it a bit more agile and scale it:

you can run them in "pods", such as two haproxy instances running
keepalived between them and use the ViP IP as the DNS record, so if an
HAproxy instance was to die, the alternate HAproxy instance can take over.
Set more pods up and use DNS round robin.