On Sun, Jun 02, 2019 at 04:37:25PM +0800, Alec Liu wrote:
> Hi Willy,
>
> The test case which I used was on purpose, to combine proxy protocol
> with socks4.
> Due to I am not doing any special checking, it should be fine without
> check-send-proxy.

It's just that your check is inconsistent then : if your server is
configured to receive the proxy protocol, you're sending half a handshake.
Well, I'm well aware that the PP doesn't return a response but if the server
receives something invalid (e.g. HTTP) it will immediately close, making
the handshake appear as failed. I don't have access to the rest of your
config so I don't know what else is configured. If by "not doing any special
checking" you mean there's no http-checks, then it should not affect it.

> Actually the check part should be fine with my testing configuration,
> at least it shows as up in the HAProxy.
> I will do some more testing with check-send-proxy added too, let you
> know in short.
>
> btw: for SOCKS server you can just use the "ssh -D 1080 ...".

Ah good to know, thanks.