Hi,

On Wed, Jun 26, 2019 at 2:52 AM William Dauchy <w.dau...@criteo.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Using haproxy2.0 we are seeing logs with connection number while reloading:
> Proxy XXXX stopped (FE: 0 conns, BE: 549563 conns).
>
> while we have in our configuration:
> global maxconn 262144
> defaults maxconn 262134
>
> I was wondering whether this could considered as expected to have a
> backend with more connections compared to the global parameter.
>
> Best,
> --
> William

Those maxconn values are per frontend so if your backend is referenced by
two frontends you might end up with a limit of 2 x maxconn on the backend.
Hence it is recommended to set maxconn per server too to protect from
situation like this. So read about maxconn and even fullconn in the server
config and tuning guide for more details.