*From:* Alain Belkadi [mailto:xigu...@linuxbeach.be]
*Sent:* Monday, July 8, 2019, 10:51 EDT
*To:* haproxy@formilux.org
*Subject:* DOC: Suggest to replace the netstat commands

Hello,

As the "netstat" command is deprecated since a long time (1), I suggest to replace it with other commands like ss and ip.

I've made a first patch for this. As the number of columns is higher than the 80 standard, I've made a second patch with less long lines ... but that don't fit inside 80 chars and if I remove more spaces that don't looks good.

(1) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netstat

Regards,

This raises a potential issue. Netstat is deprecated on Linux yes, but not other OSs (which HAProxy runs on). However the example usage that was provided ("netstat -ltnp") is the Linux compatible flags, so the doc was already somewhat Linux specific. However other references, such as "netstat -i", are cross-platform.

So where do we draw the line on being Linux-specific in our documentation, vs. OS agnostic?

-Patrick