On Thu, Jul 25, 2019 at 08:07:45AM +0200, Baptiste wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> You're making a good point. Use the file system was the simplest and
> fastest way to go when we first designed this feature 4 or 5 years ago.
> I do agree that now with master/worker and threaded model being pushed that
> using the runtime-api may make sense and would be even more "cloud native".
>
> Maybe @William would have an advice on this one.
>
> Baptiste

Hi,

The simplest way to do that with the current architecture would be to do the
same thing as the "seamless reload" feature (-x).

The new process will need to connect to the old one, send the `show servers
state` command, and then parse it using the server state file parser.

However, what I don't like with this, is that we still need to configure a
"stats socket" manually in the configuration, it is not doable yet using the
internal socketpair of the master-worker model.

--
William Lallemand