On Wed, 2019-09-04 at 21:41 +0200, Tim Düsterhus wrote:
> Conrad,
>
> Am 04.09.19 um 10:17 schrieb Conrad Hoffmann:
> > More for illustrative purposes than anything else I attached a
> > patch
> > that fixes the issue for me (against 2.0 repo). However, I have not
> > yet
> > spent a lot of time with the 2.0 code base, so I'll leave it up to
> > you
> > to judge the quality thereof. No offense taken if you'd rather
> > implement this differently. However, also happy to work on it with
> > some
> > pointers to the right direction.
> >
> > I hope I am not just missing something really obvious here :)
> >

> I don't use this feature, but I believe your patch is incorrectly
> handling backslashes. Consider this:
>
> foo\\\ bar
>
> Then both the char in front of the space and the char in front of
> that
> are backslashes. But the space is an escaped space.

Indeed, thanks for pointing that out! And I briefly felt clever for at
least considering the escaped backslashes :)

This is probably hard to get right without some sort of proper parser.
I'll think about it some more, but also wait for feedback from the
maintainers.

Thanks again,
Conrad

--
Conrad Hoffmann
Systems and Traffic Engineering

SoundCloud Ltd. | Rheinsberger Str. 76/77, 10115 Berlin, Germany

Managing Director: Artem Fishman | Incorporated in England & Wales
with Company No. 6343600 | Local Branch Office | AG
Charlottenburg  | HRB 110657B