Hi Willy,

Thank you for the quick ansswer.

On Sun, Nov 17, 2019 at 11:12:29AM +0100, Willy Tarreau wrote:
> That's strange, I was absolutely certain it was done after the setuid
> stuff precisely for the reason you explain above. Do you think the
> sequence differs in master-worker mode maybe ? Or maybe I did something
> completely wrong but given that till now it appeared to work for me, I
> must admit I'm a bit puzzled.

Yes, there are different cases; I was able to reproduce it only with the
mworker mode (-W or -Ws); indeed we currently do setuid in this order:
-> global.mode & (MODE_MWORKER|MODE_DAEMON)
 -> setuid/setgid
 -> set dumpable
but after there is also:
-> global.mode & (MODE_DAEMON | MODE_MWORKER | MODE_MWORKER_WAIT)
 -> setuid/setgid
 -> this is where I added a the new set dumpable

After re reading this, maybe I could simplify the code and mutualise
some code to make it clearer.

Thanks,
--
William