привет!

пт, 17 янв. 2020 г. в 11:42, Martin Grigorov <martin.grigo...@gmail.com>:

> Привет Илья,
>
> On Thu, Jan 16, 2020 at 10:37 AM Илья Шипицин <chipits...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> чт, 16 янв. 2020 г. в 13:26, Martin Grigorov <martin.grigo...@gmail.com>:
>>
>>> Hi Илья,

>> ok, so you work in some company that is interested in haproxy on ARM64.
>> you do not want to tell it's name, at least is it legal ? is it related
>> to some government ?
>> if "no" and "no", I guess most people won't ask any more questions :)
>>

> It is legal and I do not work for a government of any country!
>

>> personally, I do not work at Haproxy Inc, I use haproxy, sometimes I
>> contribute to it.
>> Please do not consider me as an "official representative".
>>

>> I'm interested in testing haproxy on ARM64, I planned to do so. I can
>> priorierize it according to your interest to it.
>> and yes, I can accept hardware donation (even considering I'm not part of
>> Haproxy Inc).
>>
>> also, from my point of view, what would be really useful in your case is
>> testing not just official reg-tests, but also
>> your configs. reg-tests cover only partially. If you enable clang asan in
>> your own workload there's a chance to catch
>> something interesting (or, to make sure your own workload is ok). I can
>> help with that as well.
>>

> Thanks for the offer!
> I've discussed it with my managers.
> Our offer is to donate a VM that could be used as an official CI agent for
> the HAProxy project long term.

I'd split this into short term and long term approach.

if you need to start any time soon, I'd focus on your own workload testing
first. I would build stand which emulates
your production workload, compile haproxy using clang address sanitizer and
give it a try (functional testing, load testing, ...)

I can help with that.

As for long term solution, currently haproxy simply cannot attach any
dedicated build agent to their CI. travis-ci does not allow
attaching dedicated agents. And haproxy team is very conservative in adding
new CI servers.

I think, I will add arm64 (most probably openssl-1.1.1 only for now) soon.
Also, I'm going to investigate your libressl failures.

so, dedicated vm definetly will help in troubleshooting issues, for manual
builds. It would save bunch of time. I do not mind if you will
add my ssh to that vm.

also, I requested access to Linaro.