De : Willy Tarreau [mailto:w...@1wt.eu]
Envoyé : mercredi 22 janvier 2020 07:20
À : Christopher Faulet
Cc : BRIDE Mickaël SCE/OGSB; haproxy@formilux.org
Objet : Re: SameSite attribute for persistent session cookie

Hi guys,

On Tue, Jan 21, 2020 at 11:49:43AM +0100, Christopher Faulet wrote:
> Le 21/01/2020 à 09:14, mickael.br...@orange.com a écrit :
> > Hello,
> >
> > With Chrome 80 release in february, HAProxy persistent session cookie
> > will not be working anymore for sites embedded into iframe on multiple
> > domains.
> >
> > See issue https://github.com/haproxy/haproxy/issues/361
> >
> > Have you planned something to manage that point soon ?

Well, first, let's cool down a little bit. Browsers normally don't
break the web, or when they do so, it takes years or decades. Otherwise
their users simply roll back to the previous version or switch to more
conservative competitors. If some sites are totally insecure and stop
working, it will not be a big loss but these sites will not change any
of their components either. Most of the internet's infrastructure cannot
afford to perform major upgrades to new compoents just because some
browser developers woke up a morning thinking how cool it could be to
drop support for something currently working fine.

> Here is a quick patch that should fix the issue. It is a generic way to add
> attributes to a cookie. For instance:
>
>    cookie SRV insert secure attr "SameSite=Strict"
>
> Any comments ?

I do :-) We should add "*" after the "[ attr ... ]" field in the doc
since you allow to repeat the attribute. I did it and merged it.

Thanks!

falsifie. Merci.

this message and its attachments.
modified, changed or falsified.