Willy,

Am 06.02.20 um 15:24 schrieb Willy Tarreau:
> I was surprized because I discovered that we've always accepted empty
> expressions thus"if" without even a condition or "if or" are valid, which
> adds to the confusion. So your patch does indeed make sense. However we
> don't need to test for "||" because it's already invalid as an ACL name
> and the existing message is more precise about it (invalid chars in the
> name).

I added the test for '||' for completeness in case there are adjustments
to valid characters later on. I am aware that it will never trigger and
being only run on configuration parsing the performance impact should be
a non-issue.

> Also I'd rather have the "goto out" statement after setting the error,
> otherwise it becomes confusing and will certainly trap someone adding
> yet another test later.

So you want to make using 'or' as an ACL name fatal instead of a warning?

Feel free to either modify the patch yourself to make the adjustments
you want to see or let me know if you want me to make them. It might
require a bit more back and forth, though :-)

Best regards
Tim Düsterhus