On Fri, Mar 06, 2020 at 03:21:57PM +0500, ???? ??????? wrote:
> as for stable branches, I can run spell check for every branch and send
> appropriate PR for every branch.
>
> would it be better compared to backporting ?

No, it would be a pain as it will conflict with the backporting process.
If you find that *after backports* there are still lots of documentation
issues that do not exist in later versions, you can occasionally propose
a patch, but that should remain rare enough, and you'd need to get
prepared to hear that we'd sometimes rather not take it if it looks too
invasive. In anyway no spelling changes to code parts in maintenance
branches will be accepted (comments etc) as they're not user-visible.

Thanks!