On Fri, Mar 13, 2020 at 05:41:14PM +0100, Tim Düsterhus wrote:
> Willy,
>
> Am 13.03.20 um 17:34 schrieb Willy Tarreau:
> > Indeed, just found it in my queue. However we usually use it
> > differently, with the function instead of the variable. Do you
> > mind if I adapt it ?
> >

> I attempted to use the function, but it didn't compile. I guess because
> of a circular dependency. If it's a small obvious change feel free to
> adapt the patch. If it requires larger changes please fix it yourself
> and ignore my patch.

OK, I'll check when I have a few minutes. I think that since we now
have this ALREADY_CHECKED() macro that's used to prevent gcc from
seeing null-derefs where they can't happen, we can use it as well
to pretend we've consumed the result from such occasional syscalls
and even remove the shut_* macro.

Cheers,