On Fri, Mar 13, 2020 at 04:50:12PM +0500, ???? ??????? wrote:
> ??, 13 ???. 2020 ?. ? 16:48, Aleksandar Lazic <al-hapr...@none.at>:
>
> > Mar 13, 2020 12:11:16 PM ???? ??????? <chipits...@gmail.com>:
> >
> > > initial motivation was that article
> > >
> > > https://docs.travis-ci.com/user/multi-cpu-architectures
> >
> > Thanks for the link.
> >
> > > travis allows to run builds on various archs, why not to test ?
> >
> > Full Agreeing. ;-)
> >
> > Would be interesting if anyone use it on Host or power.
> >

> there were issues related to haproxy on openwrt.
> I am not surprised if somebody runs on s390x

It's very possible. You often find annoyingly rigit applications in
such environments, for various legacy reasons (i.e. old application
ported to linux on the same machine but rewritten in Java for example).
And given that a lot of haproxy users use it as a Swiss Army Knife, it's
quite understandable that some place it there to adapt the application
to its legacy environment.

Regarding other archs like PPC64, I've been aware of some clouds running
on Power8 and using it several years ago. There was even a live deployment
demo of Ubuntu on Power8 run by Mark Shuttleworth during an IBM conference
showing how fast they could deploy an application on Ubuntu on this
setup and they installed haproxy with the application. So it might not
be as rare as one can think.

Anyway the main reason for testing other archs is to stress unusual code
parts (e.g. missing double-CAS but having threads etc), and detecting if
we did crap on an alignment issue for example.