Fundraising During The Coronavirus Pandemic

For starters, let’s agree that panicking and crawling into a hole because of
the coronavirus is not a reasonable option. Business goes on, whatever the
economic conditions. You can’t not raise funds. You can’t treat loyal and
responsive donors like statistics. And you can’t stop building your donor
database. If you do these things, your donor list will shrink through attrition
and your income will slack off to a dribble. The only defensible, businesslike
way to respond to an economic crisis is to recognize that fundraising requires
both continuing investment and ongoing care. If the choice arises between
cutting back slightly on programs or slashing the fundraising budget, you may
shoot yourself in the foot if you opt for the latter. It doesn’t take long to
destroy an effective fundraising operation— and then where will your programs
be? ...READ MORE

Here's Your March 16, 2020 Headlines:

- Fundraising Through The Coronavirus Pandemic
- Major Gifts Ramp-Up Celebrates 30 Years Of Raising Money For Charity
- Tracy Ebarb Reveals How To Supercharge Fundraising Using “First Gifts”
- Nonprofit Fundraising – 10 Things I’ve Learned
- Hall Powell Asks, “What’s So Special About Special Events?”
- Maxie Carpenter Challenges Nonprofits to Self-Navigate

Dear Colleagues In Nonprofit Service,

Inside Charity believes that “innovation never fears a challenge” and that the
greatest contribution nonprofit practitioners can make to charity is to become
the creative enterprise-leaders our sector so desperately needs. We invited you
to consider becoming and Inside Charity contributor. Most of our writers submit
one or two articles a month. Write more frequently if you want to increase your
visibility and build your personal brand. What should I write about? Nonprofit
topics that matter to you, your clients, colleagues, competitors, vendors and
policy-makers.

Why write for INSIDE CHARITY? We're recognized as America’s “Trusted” Nonprofit
News Source because we speak and act honestly. We are open and factual in our
dealings with readers, donors, project partners, governments, sector leaders
and interested publics. We are not compromised by AD revenues from for-profit
corporations who sell products to nonprofits they don’t need or don’t work. We
disallow self-promoting individuals to write articles rooted in opinion instead
of journalistic work. Finally, we are straightforward in highlighting
associations, networks, media outlets and intermediary organizations that need
to change the way they pursue impact, sustainability and mission. We curate
news from respected nonprofit media outlets and thought-leaders within the
charitable sphere. We do this so sector leaders have a one-stop news source on
which they can rely.

We look forward to hearing from you. Simply reply to this email and we'll
explore next steps.

Warmly,

Jimmy LaRose, CNC, CDE, CNE

Senior Editor