> Le 26 mars 2020 à 14:11, Илья Шипицин <chipits...@gmail.com> a écrit :
>

> чт, 26 мар. 2020 г. в 17:27, Emmanuel Hocdet <m...@gandi.net
> <mailto:m...@gandi.net>>:
>
> > Le 26 mars 2020 à 13:02, Илья Шипицин <chipits...@gmail.com
> > <mailto:chipits...@gmail.com>> a écrit :
> >
> > RootCA is needed if you send cross certificate as well.
> >
> > It is very rare but legitimate case
>
> It’s only for self issued CA, it should be safe, right?
>
> I do not know what "yes" or "no" would mean :)
>
> by cross certificate I mean chain like that
>
> server cert --> intermediate CA --> root CA --> cross certificate
>
> https://knowledge.digicert.com/generalinformation/INFO2523.html
> <https://knowledge.digicert.com/generalinformation/INFO2523.html>
>
> root CA is self issued

self issued CA is a root CA
Subject == Issuer

In your example:

Subject: C = US, O = "thawte, Inc.", OU = Certification Services Division, OU =
"(c) 2006 thawte, Inc. - For authorized use only", CN = thawte Primary Root CA
Issuer: C = ZA, ST = Western Cape, L = Cape Town, O = Thawte Consulting cc, OU
= Certification Services Division, CN = Thawte Premium Server CA, emailAddress
= premium-ser...@thawte.com <mailto:premium-ser...@thawte.com>