On Sun, Mar 29, 2020 at 09:18:54PM +0500, Илья Шипицин wrote:
> Hello,

Hello Ilya,

> while writing some doc "how to link custom openssl lib" (it is useful, for
> example, for pfSense users),
>
> I noticed that currently "-L$SSL_LIB" is specified both in .travis.yml and
> Makefile.
> no need to keep in .travis.yml, I'll send a patch.
>
> On other hand, "-Wl,-rpath,$SSL_LIB" is only specified in .travis.yml
> I would like to move it Makefile, however, I am not sure about systems
> other than Linux, do they support rpath ?

The rpath option mustn't be the default way to link things and should be
used only in specific cases. I don't think that's a good idea to move it
from travis.yml to the Makefile, it's unusual to do this.

The Makefile was made for configuring these cases and you can do it by
configuring the SSL_LIB and the ADDLIB variables. You don't need to
change the LDFLAGS.

For example, you can do it this way:
  USE_OPENSSL=1 SSL_INC='/opt/openssl-1.0.2u/include/'
SSL_LIB='/opt/openssl-1.0.2u/lib/' ADDLIB='-Wl,-rpath=/opt/openssl-1.0.2u/lib/'

> Cheers,
> Ilya Shipitcin

William Lallemand