Hi William,

On Sat, May 02, 2020 at 09:52:35PM +0200, William Dauchy wrote:
> Hello Olivier,
>
> The following patch is an attempt to fix a change of behavior we encounter
> following commit:
>
> 079cb9af22da6 ("MEDIUM: connections: Revamp the way idle connections are
> killed")
> being the origin of this new behaviour.
>
> All details are in the commit message itself.
> The approach is most likely not the good one but feel free to advise so
> I may improve it.

This is a good catch !

And I think your fix is correct, so I will apply it as-is. However, I
think it should be applied to previous branches, that also had idle
connection pools. It is probably less noticable before 079cb9af22da6,
because before that patch, one thread couldn't reuse a connection owned
by another thread, so to reproduce it you'd have to test it until you
hit the same thread twice, but I don't see why it wouldn't be an issue
tgere

Thanks a lot !

Olivier