this patch series implements the solution discussed in GitHub issue #624:

I felt pretty dirty having to copy and paste my changes to all three
versions of `set_var` and `unset_var`. This should be refactored one
day to use a single generic implementation. All three versions only
differ slightly with regard to where they take their `appctx` from.
I did not refactor that, because I don't really feel confident doing
that large changes within Lua, yet :-)

I hope I didn't miss anything to adjust. I've added a new reg-test
that verifies the intended behavior and made sure that all the Lua
reg-tests still pass.

Best regards

Tim Düsterhus (6):
  REGTESTS: Add missing OPENSSL to REQUIRE_OPTIONS for lua/txn_get_priv
  MINOR: lua: Use vars_unset_by_name_ifexist()
  CLEANUP: vars: Remove void vars_unset_by_name(const char*, size_t,
    struct sample*)
  MINOR: vars: Make vars_(un|)set_by_name(_ifexist|) return a success
  MINOR: lua: Make `set_var()` and `unset_var()` return success
  MEDIUM: lua: Add `ifexist` parameter to `set_var`

 doc/lua-api/index.rst          | 18 ++++++++++--
 include/proto/vars.h           |  7 ++---
 reg-tests/lua/set_var.lua      | 25 +++++++++++++++++
 reg-tests/lua/set_var.vtc      | 51 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 reg-tests/lua/txn_get_priv.vtc |  2 +-
 src/hlua.c                     | 48 ++++++++++++++++++++++----------
 src/vars.c                     | 40 +++++++++-----------------
 7 files changed, 141 insertions(+), 50 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 reg-tests/lua/set_var.lua
 create mode 100644 reg-tests/lua/set_var.vtc


Reply via email to