On Wed, Sep 09, 2020 at 05:43:08PM +0200, Olivier Houchard wrote:
> > I seem to remember there was one but can't find it, so I may have been
> > confused. With this said, it doesn't provide a big information since
> > once the handshake is completed, it's exactly identical to a regular
> > one. But it can be nice for statistics at least.
> >

> Pretty sure the original version always returned 1 if there were early
> data, but we changed it so that it would return 0 once the handshake was
> done, as we thought it was more useful, that may be what you're thinking
> about.

That indeed tells me something. However I checked if CO_FL_EARLY_DATA
persists, and apparently we kill it very early once we have everything
so it's not as if we could trivially add a new sample fetch function to
report its past status.

Also I seem to remember that we concluded that depending on the timing
and how data were aggregated and processed in the SSL lib, we couldn't
reliably report the use of early data if those were converted very early.