On 12/2/2020 2:27 PM, Willy Tarreau wrote:
Hi David,

On Wed, Dec 02, 2020 at 10:50:52AM +0000, David CARLIER wrote:
Hi, heere a little build update for DragonFlyBSD proposal.
I'm having a concern here, which is that by relying on pthread_setaffinity_np
it will add an implicit dependency on pthread, which is not necessary till
now (we'll support nbproc till 2.4 included).

I thought DragonFlyBSD was a derivative of FreeBSD, if so it should have
cpuset_setaffinity(). Maybe it requires an include we're missing, have
you checked this just in case ? Otherwise I'm afraid we'll have to make a
special case for it to condition the feature to pthread on this platform.

Thanks!
Willy

DragonFly forked from FreeBSD 4.8 16 years ago. They do heavily borrow bits
from FreeBSD, but that does not mean that everything is exactly the same with
regard to userland and kernel API.

It does not appear as if DragonFly has cpuset_setaffinity(). sched_setaffinity()
appears to be the DragonFly equivalent.

https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=cpuset_setaffinity

https://man.dragonflybsd.org/?command=sched_setaffinity