NFP WORKSHOPS
18 Blake Street, York YO1 8QG   01133 280988
Affordable Training Courses for Charities, Schools & Public Sector
Organisations

This email has been sent to haproxy@formilux.org
CLICK TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM LIST
Alternatively send a blank e-mail to unsubscr...@nfpmail2001.co.uk quoting
haproxy@formilux.org in the subject line.
Unsubscribe requests will take effect within seven days.

Bid Writing: The Basics

Online via ZOOM

COST £95

TOPICS COVERED

Do you know the most common reasons for rejection? Are you gathering the right
evidence? Are you making the right arguments? Are you using the right
terminology? Are your numbers right? Are you learning from rejections? Are you
assembling the right documents? Do you know how to create a clear and concise
standard funding bid?

Are you communicating with people or just excluding them? Do you know your own
organisation well enough? Are you thinking through your projects carefully
enough? Do you know enough about your competitors? Are you answering the
questions funders will ask themselves about your application? Are you
submitting applications correctly?

PARTICIPANTS

Staff members, volunteers, trustees or board members of charities, schools, not
for profits or public sector organisations who intend to submit grant funding
applications to charitable grant making trusts and foundations. People who
provide advice to these organisations are also welcome.
Bid Writing: Advanced

Online via ZOOM

COST £95

TOPICS COVERED

Are you applying to the right trusts? Are you applying to enough trusts? Are
you asking for the right amount of money? Are you applying in the right ways?
Are your projects the most fundable projects?

Are you carrying out trust fundraising in a professional way? Are you
delegating enough work? Are you highly productive or just very busy? Are you
looking for trusts in all the right places?

How do you compare with your competitors for funding? Is the rest of your
fundraising hampering your bids to trusts? Do you understand what trusts are
ideally looking for?

PARTICIPANTS

Staff members, volunteers, trustees or board members of charities, schools, not
for profits or public sector organisations who intend to submit grant funding
applications to charitable grant making trusts and foundations. People who
provide advice to these organisations are also welcome.
Dates & Booking Links
BID WRITING: THE BASICS
Mon 21 Dec 2020
10.00 to 12.30Booking Link
Mon 11 Jan 2020
10.00 to 12.30Booking Link
Mon 25 Jan 2020
10.00 to 12.30Booking Link
Mon 08 Feb 2020
10.00 to 12.30Booking Link
Mon 22 Feb 2020
10.00 to 12.30Booking Link
BID WRITING: ADVANCED
Tue 22 Dec 2020
10.00 to 12.30Booking Link
Tue 12 Jan 2020
10.00 to 12.30Booking Link
Tue 26 Jan 2020
10.00 to 12.30Booking Link
Tue 09 Feb 2020
10.00 to 12.30Booking Link

Tue 23 Feb 2020
10.00 to 12.30Booking Link

Recruiting and Managing Volunteers

Online via ZOOM

COST £195

TOPICS COVERED

Where do you find volunteers? How do you find the right volunteers? How do you
attract volunteers? How do you run volunteer recruitment events? How do you
interview volunteers? How do you train volunteers? How do you motivate
volunteers? How do you involve volunteers?

How do you recognise volunteer? How do you recognise problems with volunteers?
How do you learn from volunteer problems? How do you retain volunteers? How do
you manage volunteers? What about volunteers and your own staff? What about
younger, older and employee volunteers?

PARTICIPANTS

Staff members, volunteers, trustees or board members of charities, schools, not
for profits or public sector organisations who intend to recruit volunteers
into their organisation and then manage those volunteers. People who provide
advice to these organisations are also welcome.
Dates & Booking Links
RECRUITING AND MANAGING VOLUNTEERS
Wed 13 Jan 2021
10.00 to 16.00Booking Link
Wed 10 Mar 2021
10.00 to 16.00Booking Link

Major Donor Fundraising

Online via ZOOM

COST £95

TOPICS COVERED

 Major Donor Characteristics, Motivations and Requirements. Researching and
Screening Major Donors. Encouraging, Involving and Retaining Major Donors.
Building Relationships with Major Donors. Major Donor Events and Activities.

Setting Up Major Donor Clubs.Asking For Major Gifts. Looking After and
Reporting Back to Major Donors. Delivering on Major Donor Expectations. Showing
Your Appreciation to Major Donors. Fundraising Budgets and Committees.

PARTICIPANTS
Staff members, volunteers, trustees or board members of charities, schools, not
for profits or public sector organisations who intend to carry out Major Donor
Fundraising. People who provide advice to these organisations are also welcome.
Dates & Booking Links
MAJOR DONOR FUNDRAISING
Wed 10 Feb 2021
10.00 to 12.30Booking Link
Wed 14 Apr 2021
10.00 to 12.30Booking Link

FEEDBACK FROM PAST ATTENDEES AT LIVE WORKSHOPS
I must say I was really impressed with the course and the content. My knowledge
and confidence has increased hugely. I got a lot from your course and a lot of
pointers!
I can say after years of fundraising I learnt so much from your bid writing
course. It was a very informative day and for someone who has not written bids
before I am definitely more confident to get involved with them.
I found the workshops very helpful. It is a whole new area for me but the
information you imparted has given me a lot of confidence with the direction I
need to take and for that I am very grateful.
I found the day very informative and it gave me confidence to take on this
aspect of work that I had been apprehensive of.  I enjoyed the session and
found it valuable.
So much relevant, practical information all passed on in a way which I was able
to follow. All greatly enhanced by your sense of humour.
It was a useful course and your examples real or otherwise helped to make it
practical. Many thanks. The morning just flew by - always a good sign! I
enjoyed the course and learnt a lot. I will begin putting this into practice.