Hello,

On Tue, 2021-01-19 at 15:40 +0530, Amol Arote wrote:
> After upgrading haproxy 2.3.2 we are facing the below ssl tls issue while
> connecting links internally, but when we check web browsing its auto
> getting tls 1.2 there is no such issue.when connecting internal links its
> not getting tls 1.2 its showing tls 1.0 and showing below error message.
>
> org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector executeWithRetry
> INFO: I/O exception (javax.net.ssl.SSLException) caught when processing
> request: Received fatal alert: protocol_version
>
> earlier we are using HA-Proxy version 2.1.2 where everything working fine
> we are using centos 7.6 and Java 1.7

AFAIK haproxy-2.2 defaults to tls1.2 on bind:
(MEDIUM: ssl: use TLSv1.2 as the minimum default on bind lines)
https://www.haproxy.org/download/2.3/src/CHANGELOG

Can you connect to haproxy with tls1.0:
openssl s_client -connect your-haproxy-ip:443 -tls1

You can try to enable tls1.0 on server bind with:
ssl-min-ver TLSv1.0
https://cbonte.github.io/haproxy-dconv/2.3/configuration.html#5.1-ssl-min-ver

(Also AFAIK up2date java-1.7 should be able to use tls1.2).

-Jarno

--
Jarno Huuskonen