Le 03/02/2021 à 12:19, William Dauchy a écrit :
On Wed, Feb 3, 2021 at 9:59 AM Christopher Faulet <cfau...@haproxy.com> wrote:
At first glance, I'm just a bit annoyed with the patch 5. In the documentation,
it is stated that "addr" option will be used for agent-check too. And there is
no info about interactions between "addr" and "agent-addr" options when both are
configured. For me, for an agent-check, the "agent-addr" option must be used in
priority, regardless the options order. If not defined, the "addr" option must
be used, if defined. And at the end, we use the server address by default if
none is specified.

ok I missed that part. it is a bit sad honestly, it makes things less explicit.

There is another problem with "port" and "agent-port" options. It is mentioned
in the documentation that "agent-port" is required to perform agent-checks. And
"port" option is not used for agent-check. It is not really consistent. I
propose to deal with port/agent-port options in the same way than
addr/agent-addr ones. And we keep the test to be sure to have a dedicated port
for the agent-check to not use the server's one. This way, we keep backward
compatibility and improve consistency.
Thus, if you agree with these changes, I guess we should keep SRV_F_AGENTADDR
flag and add SRV_F_AGENTPORT.

ok I will come back with a v3. I honestly don't like to have port/addr
used for agent, as stated previously because it is creating some non
explicit things. But indeed as we need to keep backward compat, I will
fix that.

About the CLI. I agree, the "check-addr" parameter on the "set server" command
must be added. And the "agent-port" parameter must bee added too. For me, it is
a consistency matter. But I understand it is also mandatory for dynamic
environments.

thanks, let me come back with a v3, so we can move forward for the
next improvements.

For the record, the series was finally fixed and pushed. Thanks William !

--
Christopher Faulet