NFP WORKSHOPS
Affordable Training Courses

18 Blake Street, York YO1 8QG    01133 280988

Bid Writing: The Basics

 Do you know the most common reasons for rejection? Are you gathering the right
evidence? Are you making the right arguments? Are you using the right
terminology? Are your numbers right? Are you learning from rejections?

Are you assembling the right documents? Do you know how to create a clear and
concise standard funding bid? Are you communicating with people or just
excluding them? Do you know your own organisation well enough?

Are you thinking through your projects carefully enough? Do you know enough
about your competitors? Are you answering the questions funders will ask
themselves about your application? Are you submitting applications correctly?
ONLINE VIA ZOOM
10.00 TO 12.30
COST £95.00
MON 22 MAR 2021
BOOKING LINK
MON 12 APR 2021
BOOKING LINK
MON 26 APR 2021
BOOKING LINK

Bid Writing: Advanced

 Are you applying to the right trusts? Are you applying to enough trusts? Are
you asking for the right amount of money? Are you applying in the right ways?
Are your projects the most fundable projects?

Are you carrying out trust fundraising in a professional way? Are you
delegating enough work? Are you highly productive or just very busy? Are you
looking for trusts in all the right places?

How do you compare with your competitors for funding? Is the rest of your
fundraising hampering your bids to trusts? Do you understand what trusts are
ideally looking for?
ONLINE VIA ZOOM
10.00 TO 12.30
COST £95.00
TUE 23 MAR 2021
BOOKING LINK
TUE 13 APR 2021
BOOKING LINK
TUE 27 APR 2021
BOOKING LINK

Major Donor Fundraising

 Major Donor Characteristics, Motivations and Requirements. Researching and
Screening Major Donors. Encouraging, Involving and Retaining Major Donors.

Building Relationships with Major Donors. Major Donor Events and Activities.
Setting Up Major Donor Clubs. Asking For Major Gifts. Looking After and
Reporting Back to Major Donors.

Delivering on Major Donor Expectations. Showing Your Appreciation to Major
Donors. Fundraising Budgets and Committees.
ONLINE VIA ZOOM
10.00 TO 12.30
COST £95
WED 14 APR 2021
BOOKING LINK
THU 10 JUN 2021
BOOKING LINK

Corporate Fundraising

Who are these companies? Why do they get involved? What do they like? What can
you get from them? What can you offer them? What are the differences between
donations, sponsorship, advertising and cause related marketing?

Are companies just like trusts? How do you find these companies? How do you
research them? How do you contact them? How do you pitch to them? How do you
negotiate with them?

When should you say no? How do you draft contracts? How do you manage the
relationships? What could go wrong? What are the tax issues? What are the legal
considerations?
ONLINE VIA ZOOM
10.00 TO 12.30
COST £95
THU 29 APR 2021
BOOKING LINK
THU 24 JUN 2021
BOOKING LINK

Recruiting and Managing Volunteers
 Where do you find volunteers? How do you find the right volunteers? How do you
attract volunteers? How do you run volunteer recruitment events? How do you
interview volunteers?

How do you train volunteers? How do you motivate volunteers? How do you involve
volunteers? How do you recognise volunteers? How do you recognise problems with
volunteers? How do you learn from volunteer problems?

How do you retain volunteers? How do you manage volunteers? What about
volunteers and your own staff? What about younger, older and employee
volunteers?

ONLINE VIA ZOOM
10.00 TO 12.30
COST £95
THU 13 MAY 2021
BOOKING LINK

Legacy Fundraising

Why do people make legacy gifts? What are the ethical issues? What are the
regulations? What are the tax issues? What are the statistics? What are the
trends? How can we integrate legacy fundraising into our other fundraising?

What are the sources for research? How should we set a budget? How should we
evaluate our results? How should we forecast likely income? Should we use
consultants? How should we build a case for support?

What media and marketing channels should we use? What about in memory giving?
How should we setup our admin systems? What are the common problems & pitfalls?
ONLINE VIA ZOOM
10.00 TO 12.30
COST £95
THU 27 MAY 2021
BOOKING LINK

GDPR & Data Protection

What are the key elements of Data Protection? Who are data controllers? What
does Lawful Basis mean? What are the six principles of data protection? What
rights do data subjects have? How should we respond to Subject Access Requests?
Within service delivery what are the data protection issues? What are the data
protection issues within fundraising? How should staff records be maintained?
Who are the ICO? What do the ICO do?
ONLINE VIA ZOOM
10.00 TO 12.30
COST £95
THU 25 MAR 2021
BOOKING LINK

Public Relations & Publicity

What is Public Relations? How is it different to Publicity? How can I create a
good press release? How can I stand out? What are the common copyrighting
mistakes? How should I choose between direct mail, advertising and online
advertising? How can I research media contacts? Could I write and publish
articles? Should I try to get on TV or Radio? Should I arrange press
conferences? Are newsletters worthwhile? What about Posters and Leaflets? What
makes a great image? How can I evaluate my work?
ONLINE VIA ZOOM
10.00 TO 12.30
COST £95
FRI 26 MAR 2021
BOOKING LINK

Coaching & Mentoring

What is coaching? What is mentoring? What is the difference between the two?
What are the benefits of coaching? Which coaching style should I use? Am I
asking the right questions? Am I listening? How should I set goals? How can I
best obtain feedback? How can I avoid the pitfalls of coaching? How should I
ensure objectivity? Am I being challenging enough? How can I evaluate the
results?
ONLINE VIA ZOOM
10.00 TO 12.30
COST £95
MON 29 MAR 2021
BOOKING LINK

Training For Trainers

How should I assess training needs? What are the venues considerations? What
room layout should I choose? What presentation style should I opt for? What are
the things to avoid doing? Can I turn people who don’t want to learn into
people who do? How can I make people relax? How serious or how funny should I
be? Can I gauge attention spans? When should I invite questions? How should I
invite questions? Is there some way to handle unhappy delegates? Can I learn
from mistakes? Should I seek feedback? How can I make my next course better?
ONLINE VIA ZOOM
10.00 TO 12.30
COST £95
TUE 30 MAR 2021
BOOKING LINK

FEEDBACK FROM PAST ATTENDEES
I must say I was really impressed with the course and the content. My knowledge
and confidence has increased hugely. I got a lot from your course and a lot of
pointers!
I can say after years of fundraising I learnt so much from your bid writing
course. It was a very informative day and for someone who has not written bids
before I am definitely more confident to get involved with them.
I found the workshops very helpful. It is a whole new area for me but the
information you imparted has given me a lot of confidence with the direction I
need to take and for that I am very grateful.
I found the day very informative and it gave me confidence to take on this
aspect of work that I had been apprehensive of.  I enjoyed the session and
found it valuable.
So much relevant, practical information all passed on in a way which I was able
to follow. All greatly enhanced by your sense of humour.
It was a useful course and your examples real or otherwise helped to make it
practical. Many thanks. The morning just flew by - always a good sign! I
enjoyed the course and learnt a lot. I will begin putting this into practice.

This email has been sent to haproxy@formilux.org
Please click the mailto link below to unsubscribe.