Hi,

HAProxy 2.3.9 was released on 2021/03/30. It added 5 new commits
after version 2.3.8.

This essentially fixes the rate counters issue that popped up in 2.3.8
after the previous fix for the rate counters already.

What happened is that the internal time in millisecond wraps every 49.7
days and that the new global counter used to make sure rate counters are
now stable across threads starts at zero and is initialized when older
than the current thread's current date. It just happens that the wrapping
happened a few hours ago at "Mon Mar 29 23:59:46 CEST 2021" exactly and
that any process started since this date and for the next 24 days doesn't
validate this condition anymore, hence doesn't rotate its rate counters
anymore.

Another issue possibly not affecting the same users that I met on a 8-core
16-thread xeon is that there was still some important contention on the
idle conns in case the limit of the file descriptors was about to be
reached and threads fight to choose a queue to put it into, to the point
of regularly triggering the watchdog. We already fixed a similar one
recently but it existed at two places.

And the fix for the rare crashes in mux-h1 on double shutdown reported in
issue #1197 was backported.

The rest is quite minor (payload sample fetch not properly waiting, and
restarting servers not using the correct color on the stats page).

Please find the usual URLs below :
   Site index       : http://www.haproxy.org/
   Discourse        : http://discourse.haproxy.org/
   Slack channel    : https://slack.haproxy.org/
   Issue tracker    : https://github.com/haproxy/haproxy/issues
   Wiki             : https://github.com/haproxy/wiki/wiki
   Sources          : http://www.haproxy.org/download/2.3/src/
   Git repository   : http://git.haproxy.org/git/haproxy-2.3.git/
   Git Web browsing : http://git.haproxy.org/?p=haproxy-2.3.git
   Changelog        : http://www.haproxy.org/download/2.3/src/CHANGELOG
   Cyril's HTML doc : http://cbonte.github.io/haproxy-dconv/

Note: I've just discovered that building with -DDEBUG_THREAD fails :-(
      I've now fixed it, and since this normally only affects haproxy
      developers who are supposed to use git versions, I don't expect
      this to be an issue for anyone. However if it's an issue for you,
      just let me know and I'll emit 2.3.10. I just don't want to spend
      my time creating releases for no reason.

Willy
---
Complete changelog :
Christopher Faulet (1):
      BUG/MINOR: payload: Wait for more data if buffer is empty in
payload/payload_lv

Florian Apolloner (1):
      BUG/MINOR: stats: Apply proper styles in HTML status page.

Willy Tarreau (3):
      BUG/MEDIUM: mux-h1: make h1_shutw_conn() idempotent
      MEDIUM: backend: use a trylock to grab a connection on high FD counts as
well
      BUG/MEDIUM: time: make sure to always initialize the global tick

---