Hi, thank you for the quick response
@Chipitsine This is where I read the recommendation:
https://www.haproxy.com/blog/5-ways-to-extend-haproxy-with-lua/ -
(search for register_init
in this).

@Lukas
>> Are you talking about writing to the filesystem from a LUA scripts or
other runtime code within haproxy?

Yes, this was what I was trying to do. I wanted to update the file from
within haproxy action. Thank you for the clarification.

>>Explaining what the problem is you are trying to solve can get you
more accurate proposals and solutions faster than asking about a
particular solution (XY problem).
Sorry for the lack of detail. It is a bit complicated but I will try to
explain. I am routing some data through spoe filter to an endpoint
for analysis and the data to be sent is determined by reading the
configuration file (for example-whether a certain value is to be sent or
not). There is a requirement that the configuration file may be changed
from an external portal. So whenever a change is made in the portal I would
like to update my configuration file accordingly. To do this, I am making a
socket call which periodically checks whether the portal has been changed
(from within haproxy action). If so I must write the updated values to the
file and it seems I cannot write to a file inside lua action so this is
where I am stuck. To me, It sounds like this cannot be achieved and I must
drop the idea of changing the file from the portal.

Thank you.