On Mon, Jun 14, 2021 at 02:03:55PM +0200, Willy Tarreau wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 14, 2021 at 03:49:05PM +0500, ???? ??????? wrote:
> > I believe William means conditions like "openssl is 1.1.0 or higher", but
> > that's possible using grep

I agree, there are cases when you would want (OPENSSL_VERSION > 0.9.8 &&
OPENSSL_VERSION < 1.1.0) for example, we were limited in the past by
that. Maybe that could be done with grep but honestly that's
over-complicated and poorly readable.

It's not really the case anymore because we stopped to test with
CentOS 6 on the CI but we could have that kind of problem again.

> And anyway I do want to add config predicates that will provide this.
> As I said when I added a few of them for ".if", the main use will be
> vtc, and we should not waste our time, and just add what is missing.

Looks like a good idea imho, it could even be used to provide several
kind of regex depending of which regex library you use for example.

--
William Lallemand