William,

On 8/19/21 12:04 PM, William Lallemand wrote:
I realized yesterday that we have this line in the systemd unit file:

     ExecStartPre=@SBINDIR@/haproxy -f $CONFIG -c -q $EXTRAOPTS

Which does not make any sense to me since starting HAProxy itself
checks the configuration, so it slows the start of the service for
nothing.

I'm going to remove this line.

Is there anyone against it, or did I miss a particular usecase?

The config check should prevent HAProxy from going into wait mode when the config is bad on a reload. If I am not mistaken it's not possible to recover from wait mode without a full restart, no?

Best regards
Tim Düsterhus