Hi Ilya,

On Wed, Oct 06, 2021 at 11:26:13PM +0500, Ilya Shipitsin wrote:
> +/* ERR_func_error_string is deprecated in OpenSSL-3.0.0 */
> +#if (OPENSSL_VERSION_NUMBER >= 0x30000000L)
> +#define HA_ERR_func_error_string(ret) "OPENSSL_internal"
> +#else
> +#define HA_ERR_func_error_string(ret) ERR_func_error_string(ret)
> +#endif

Just thinking about something, given that the new API was already adopted
by BoringSSL and will probably be at some point in time by LibreSSL, would
it not be better to have a single macro "HA_SSL_USE_API_V3" or something
like this that we set based on the various libs' versions, and rely on this
one for all other defines ? I think it could significantly simplify the
porting to other libs and avoid a real mess with version numbers everywhere.

Just my two cents,