Willy,

On 10/18/21 10:51 AM, Willy Tarreau wrote:
On Mon, Oct 18, 2021 at 09:18:12AM +0200, Tim Düsterhus wrote:
Hu, interesting. Is the GitHub Mirror Sync broken? I'm seeing changes in
https://git.haproxy.org/?p=haproxy.git, but not in GitHub.

So it was in relation with the Painful Access Token apparently. The
mirror user was not allowed anymore to push to .github/workflows:

   $ git push github
   Counting objects: 99, done.
   Compressing objects: 100% (63/63), done.
   Writing objects: 100% (63/63), 6.69 KiB | 0 bytes/s, done.
   Total 63 (delta 51), reused 0 (delta 0)
   remote: Resolving deltas: 100% (51/51), completed with 34 local objects.
   To https://github.com/haproxy/haproxy.git
    ! [remote rejected] master -> master (refusing to allow a Personal Access
Token to create or update workflow `.github/workflows/codespell.yml` without
`workflow` scope)

I don't really see the relation with any of the recent changes. Thus I
switched to SSH and got rid of the stupid clear-text PAT and now it's
OK again.

GitHub Action Workflows are pretty powerful and can do all kinds of stuff within a repository. I assume that GitHub wanted to increase the security by not allowing arbitrary tokens to change them, when the purpose of the token is something entirely different.

I assume that simply using SSH will be stable going forward. That's all I ever used for write access since I signed up to GitHub.

Best regards
Tim Düsterhus